Victoria Hospitals Foundation Associate Director, Marketing & Communications Maternity Leave — 12-month contract - Victoria Hospitals Foundation
The Victoria Hospitals Foundation is having a baby! Here's your chance to live in beautiful Victoria! We are currently recruiting a 12-month contract position to fulfill the role of Associate Director, Marketing & Communications. This role oversees the production of a wide variety of communications materials to support fundraising and communications strategies, ensuring the Foundation is professionally presented to our donors, peers, community, and other key stakeholders.
As our Foundation continues to evolve and grow, we have added new positions to our Communications Department. This position manages the Manager, Communications, and provides leadership and mentorship to our Content Curator, Communications Co-op student, and professional contractors. This role leads the marketing and communications project management and strategy development for the Foundation to increase and inspire philanthropy through a variety of communications channels including direct response, social media, print communications, and recognition. This role provides a full range of support services to the fundraising teams and inspires the digital evolution of the Foundation.
This position also liaises with Island Health employees (Vancouver Island Health Authority), stakeholders, contractors, and patients as needed to share inspiring stories that result in action. This position acts as a Foundation spokesperson at times, and is the main contact for all media. The candidate will demonstrate public relations experience.
- Our ideal candidate possesses exceptional writing and editing skills, and can oversee, create, and implement a high volume of work assignments quickly and accurately.
- The conceptual ability to translate the work of the organization and its community impact into creative, compelling text that engages a variety of audiences is critical to this position.
- High attention to detail, the ability to prioritize assignments, and manage multiple, diverse, and ongoing projects is essential.
- The candidate will demonstrate fundraising communications skills.
- This position directs the Foundation’s digital presence including website and social media, and oversees its design.
- WordPress and advanced CMS skills are necessary.
- The candidate should also possess a strong ability to create and deliver cross-channel and platform messaging and enhance brand awareness and public familiarity of the Foundation and our cause.
- Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Keynote, PowerPoint, Mail Chimp, and Google Analytics skills are necessary.
- The Associate Director, Marketing & Communications must exercise sound judgment and maintain excellent verbal communication and organization skills.
- This position is a vital part of the Foundation’s leadership team and works collaboratively to inspire and foster an excellent work culture.
- The successful candidate has experience leading a communications and marketing team in a fundraising environment.
- A degree, diploma, or certificate in a discipline applicable to the position or an equivalent combination of experience and education and a minimum of five years’ experience in strategic communications, media relations, and fundraising is critical.
How To Apply
We are looking for an enthusiastic, inspiring, and engaged team player to join us as we champion a mission-centered culture of philanthropy on Vancouver Island.
Our highly collaborative and caring team wants to set you up for success. The opportunity to work with your predecessor for six to eight weeks before the position commences is encouraged.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume, cover letter, and portfolio or inquire about the position in confidence by February 28, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
Victoria Hospitals Foundation
1952 Bay St
Victoria BC V8R 1J8