Director, Development, Marketing & Communications - BC & Alberta Guide Dogs
Managing a team of four, comprised of Development Managers in Delta, BC, and Calgary, AB, Manager, Marketing & Communications in Delta, and Manager, Puppy Sponsorship (Monthly Donors) in Delta, to create and implement fundraising strategies that enable the organization to breed, raise and professionally train Guide and Service Dogs for the individuals who dearly need them.
Fund Development Responsibilities:
- Oversee the cultivation of existing donor base through research and tailored giving strategies, including foundations, corporations, service clubs and individuals.
- Cultivate new donors through research and solicitation.
- Develop and implement Major Gift and Planned Giving fundraising strategies.
- Develop funding proposals, donor correspondence and donor stewardship.
- Ensure the timely delivery of donor recognition and stewardship steps as per the Donor Recognition and Stewardship plan.
- Produce and analyze custom fundraising reports to track and capture activity and financial results.
- Keep informed of developments in philanthropy and fund development through participation in the CFRE or AFP. Attend networking opportunities, seminars and courses when appropriate.
- Cultivate effective relationships with staff by informing of new and evolving development opportunities and strategies.
- Ensure that efficient procedures and gift processing standards are maintained to for effective management of data collection, including the updating of the Policy and Procedure manual.
- Manage the processing of credit cards, electronic funds transfers and online (Canada Helps) donations.
Marketing & Communications Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development of organizational collateral materials including brochures, pledge forms, newsletters (internal and external), annual report, etc. Ensure appropriate staff are consulted relevant to their specific departmental needs.
- Support & direct the Manager, Communications & Marketing in their effort to build awareness through all facets of media. Oversee the writing and distribution of media releases and PSA’s.
- Support the Manager, Communications & Marketing to develop community-based initiatives and awareness opportunities.
- Direct the use, opportunities and frequency of social media opportunities.
- Support the Manager, Communications & Marketing in overseeing the maintenance of the website for BC & Alberta Guide Dogs, ensuring that it is relevant, informative, user friendly and accessible to the visually impaired.
- Support the Manager, Communications & Marketing in the overseeing of the maintenance and updates to Canada Helps online donation system and the database Blackbaud, E-Tapestry.
- Act as spokesperson for BC & Alberta Guide Dogs when required by the CEO.
Salary Range:70,000 - 80,000 annually
- A University graduate or holds other equivalent qualifications
- Ten-plus years of not-for-profit experience in the field of fund development
- Demonstrated previous track record of success and experience
- Have strong business acumen and organizational skills to motivate not only colleagues, but also stakeholders
- Experienced in fund raising software
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Candidate must be self-motivated, detail orientated, highly organized and able to think out of the box in a fast-moving environment
- A person of integrity and high ethical standards
- CFRE credentials would be an asset but not required
- Possess a current driver’s license
- Available to work occasional weekend and evening hours
How To Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume by Thursday, February 4, 2021 to
William Thornton, CEO at: email@example.com.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by Thursday, February 11, 2021.
No phone calls please.
All interested parties, regardless of outcome, shall be treated with the utmost of confidentiality.