Director of Partnerships + Engagement - Minerva BC
Are you passionate about gender equality and advancing the leadership potential of women and girls? For the last 20 years The Minerva BC Foundation (Minerva BC) has helped more than 4000 women and girls make profound, lasting life changes through a variety of career development and leadership programs and education awards. Minerva BC is proud to work with Indigenous and non-Indigenous women, and engages with businesses to accelerate and advance more women into leadership. Through this work Minerva BC is accelerating the changing the face of leadership in BC.
Minerva BC is seeking a Director, Partnerships & Engagement to facilitate corporate and individual donor stewardship, initiate campaigns, and plan and execute fundraising events. Based in Minerva BC’s Gastown office, this strategic, yet hands-on, fundraising role reports directly to the CEO, interacts with the Board of Directors, engages donors and stakeholders, and directly impacts the lives of countless women and girls.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, professional fundraising generalist to develop a resource development strategy, provide leadership and mentorship to a team, own donor relationships, pursue grants and partnerships, support marketing and communications, conceptualize and coordinate events, and work collaboratively with the Minerva BC team, Board, and stakeholders.
As the next Director you are a seasoned fundraising and development professional. You have experience not only executing on a development strategic plan, but creating the strategy as well. You bring high emotional intelligence, a keen sense for relationship development, strong communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team. Experience in stewarding relationships with Indigenous communities and leaders would be an asset.
- Create and implement a strategic plan and resource development strategy to advance a $1.2M fundraising portfolio inclusive of corporate partnerships, major gifts, signature events and community giving
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the Fundraising Coordinator to write corporate and foundation grants, cultivate and solicit major gifts, increase individual monthly giving, and communicate with donors and partners on progress and impact
- Manage funder relationships, identify corporate prospects and foundations, conduct one-on-one meetings and inspire new partners to engage with Minerva to meet annual revenue goals
- Develop and implement donor stewardship strategies that fulfill donors’ interests and passions, thereby securing, retaining and growing gifts
- Support marketing and communications strategy and content development to deliver compelling brand story and promote stakeholder engagement
- Conceptualize and coordinate signature fundraising events to build community and connect donors with their impact: manage event budget, logistics, invitations, volunteer committees, publicity and sponsorship opportunities
- Develop and execute an annual giving campaign calendar, a donor recognition plan and a planned giving program
The Director, Partnerships & Engagement is a seasoned fundraising and development professional with a minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience within a charity, association, not-for-profit or other donor driven organization. They bring experience not only executing on a development strategic plan, but creating the strategy as well. Emotional intelligence, a keen sense for relationship development, strong communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team are key strengths. Experience in stewarding relationships with Indigenous communities and leaders would be an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with high degree of comfort in making presentations to donors and soliciting gifts
- Self-motivated, results-oriented and able to lead and mentor others
- Strategic and creative thinker who maintains focus on the long-term evolution of the organization and can devise strategies that will ensure it can meet its mandate now and into the future
- Able to identify opportunities and anticipate challenges both internal and external to the environment
- Possess the presence, sensitivity, maturity, emotional intelligence, political savvy, diplomacy and passion to generate respect and inspire confidence from the Minerva BC team, Board of Directors, donors and stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills; able to engage a broad range of people in pursuit of fundraising strategic goals and objectives
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment, stewarding relationships with Indigenous communities and leaders an asset
- Proven skills in planning, project management and execution, and general administration
- Experience with Keela, Mail Chimp, Hootsuite, social media channels and other communications tools an asset
How To Apply
Please submit your application online through the Charity Village website at http://www.charityvillage.com
Attention: Tina Strehlke