Individual Giving Manager - Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival
The Individual Giving Manager reports to the Director of Development and is responsible for all individual donor relations as part of Bard’s membership, private foundation, and major gift campaigns – including data managing, processing donations and tax receipting, donor communications, data tracking, data reporting, individual donor events, donor customer service, maintenance of database reports and records, proposal and report writing, upgrade and solicitation strategies and bespoke cultivation and stewardship activities.
Full time, permanent position, 37.5hrs/week.
Starting wage range is $50,000 per annum and will increase based on the successful candidate’s skills and experience.
Extended health and dental benefits
Bard on the Beach is committed to promoting an accessible, safe, inclusive and diverse environment. We respect, value and celebrate the diverse experiences of each person and actively encourage everyone to consider joining our team.
Salary Range:$50,000 - $0
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Maintain accurate membership/donor data, including entry and maintenance of member and donor data, gifts, tax receipting, and acknowledgement. Bard currently uses the Spektrix system.
- Implement administrative functions related to membership promotion, acquisition, retention, renewal, upgrade and lapsed campaigns.
- Develop and execute the member stewardship programs and events.
- Maintain good member relations through face-to-face contact, mail, email and phone.
- Develop, create and execute the member e-newsletter and other marketing materials as needed, working closely with colleagues in Marketing.
- Produce regular membership and campaign reports for Development and Finance Departments.
- Tracking progress and implementing ongoing modifications of all active campaigns.
- Utilize and operate Spektrix software, processing, reporting, and customer list functions.
- Utilize and operate omnichannel marketing automation platform Dotdigital, building segment data and working with html code to build and send emails.
- Write proposals and reports in support of private family foundation and major gift relationships.
- Contribute to major gift solicitation and recognition strategies, including the design and orchestration of bespoke meetings and activities.
- Be an active member of the Development Team, provide feedback and make suggestions to add value and deepen experiences for all fundraising campaigns.
- Other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- The successful candidate will be a team player yet able to work independently, and is self-motivated, highly organized, accurate and detail oriented.
- Requires strong collaboration skills in order to work effectively across the organization and function consistently as a highly valued and high performing team player within the Development department and the full organization.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a related field
- Minimum of five years of experience in a development role, ideally at a not-for-profit arts organization.
- Excellent communication skills including strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills with a proven track record creating compelling and persuasive proposals.
- Previous experience with the Spektrix database or other CRM system is an asset as well as experience with Dotdigital.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Broad knowledge of individual giving fundraising principles (i.e. identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word and Excel.
- Special event management experience would be an asset.
- Flexibility to work patron and special events that occur on the evenings and weekends.
How To Apply
Please upload your resume and a cover letter together in one PDF named “[First & Last Name] – Individual Giving Manager,” summarizing your qualifications and experience, to bardonthebeach.org/current-opportunities/apply-now/.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.