Programmer Analyst - VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation
Who are we?
VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation is Vancouver Coastal Health's primary philanthropic partner, raising funds for specialized adult health services and research for all British Columbians. We partner with donors to drive innovation and sustainable health care at VGH & UBC Hospital, GF Strong Rehab Centre, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute and Vancouver Community Health Services. Further information about the Foundation is available at www.vghfoundation.ca.
Information Systems are an important component in allowing the Foundation to meet its objectives, and to function as an organization. The Information Systems (IS) department provides expertise, tools and support that leverage IS to support the Foundation’s stakeholders in the most effective and efficient way possible.
What’s the opportunity?
Reporting to the Manager, Technical Implementation & Applications Support, the Programmer Analyst is responsible for effectively maintaining the integrity and functionality of the Foundation’s fundraising data warehouse (DW) and related reporting and information deployment systems. The main areas of focus of this role are to ensure data integrity between the Salesforce and data warehouse, develop scripts to build and enhance DW, develop reporting solutions in DW and Salesforce, and to ensure the accuracy of reports in both systems.
- Serves as the lead administrator of the DW, ensuring continuous data integration between the Salesforce and DW, and its day to day functioning and performance
- Acting within governance rules and with inputs from business / product owners to build new data architecture and reporting solutions in DW and Salesforce including, but not limited to new tables, fields, views, functions, and stored procedures in DW, new reports and dashboard in MS Reporting Services and Salesforce, to allow the Foundation to use the fundraising system more effectively
- Uses the data warehouse to develop a comprehensive set of data management and integrity rules, scripts and reports which are used for monitoring data integrity and the data management performance of the user community. Some examples would be checking for duplicates, finding data that does not match business rules and similar data inconsistencies
- Performs data analysis, data loads and extractions, and other functions related to working with and managing information in the fundraising database and related systems
- Designs and provides complex queries for the end user community for performance monitoring, mailings, invitations, events and related activities
Salary Range:$59,579 - $68,091
What do you bring?
- Highly developed ability to think critically and analytically while working in a fast-paced environment - respond to requested changes, validate needs against existing system capabilities and any future product roadmap, to provide optimal recommendations
- Excellent listening skills and proven technical acumen, with the ability to fully understand business requirements and pain points, and translate them into functional design
- Highly developed, proactive and responsive customer service skills
- Ability to teach and coach, including good presentation skills, particularly with the ability to explain technical and related concepts to non-technical staff
- Strong troubleshooting skills and proactive in identifying the root cause of issues and developing solutions
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy - someone that loves data, reporting, data governance etc.
- Positive attitude and strong desire for continuous learning of new technologies
- Maintains good working relationships with key contacts.
What do we offer?
This is a full-time 12-month contract, with the possibility of extension. The successful candidate can expect a competitive starting salary between $59,579 and $68,091, depending on experience. Additional variable pay, benefits, pension, flexible working arrangements, investment in professional development and subsidized access to fitness, cycling and parking facilities all contribute to a top-notch total rewards package.
How To Apply
If you possess the qualifications and experience indicated, please email a single pdf file of your cover letter and resume, with “[Your Name], Programmer Analyst” in the file name and email subject line, to email@example.com by 9 am on Monday 24 January 2022.
We welcome applications from anyone who is eligible to work in BC and fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We encourage applications from Indigenous people, people with disabilities, BIPOC and racialized individuals, people of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, and others who may contribute to the Foundation's organizational diversity and who share the Foundation's values.
As part of VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation’s commitment to the health and safety of our community, including our healthcare partners and donors, the Foundation requires all employees of the Foundation to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.