Donor Relations Coordinator - VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation
Who are we?
VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation is Vancouver Coastal Health's primary philanthropic partner, raising funds for specialized adult health services and research for all British Columbians. We partner with donors to drive innovation and sustainable health care at VGH & UBC Hospital, GF Strong Rehab Centre, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute and Vancouver Community Health Services.
Further information about the Foundation is available at www.vghfoundation.ca.
The Donor Relations department plays a critical role in major gifts fundraising and is responsible for the development, management, timely implementation and assessment of a comprehensive Donor Relations and Stewardship program. The department is involved in the planning and effective management and execution of all donor relations activities. This includes: public and private recognition and cultivation events, tailored and broad donor reporting, recognition guidelines and inventories, donor signage, giving and stewardship benefits, individual stewardship plans and maintenance and execution of donor intent.
What’s the opportunity?
Reporting to the Associate Director, Donor Relations, the DR Coordinator is a key member of the Donor Relations team. The primary focus of this role is to implement donor cultivation, stewardship, and recognition activities. This involves providing a high level of customer service, exercising high level of tact and diplomacy in building and maintaining relationships with donors, volunteers, and hospital medical and administrative leadership.
The successful candidate will provide input into the planning of DR activities at the departmental level, and will support the team with managing a high volume of written accountability and a large number of events.
- Proactively supporting the stewardship activities of the DR department by assisting them in establishing and coordinating individualized stewardship plans to donors in their portfolios.
- Preparing donor lists for annual updates to donor walls.
- Coordinating the timely preparation of strategic written and electronic communication in support of donor solicitations, donor relations and stewardship activities, strategic invitations, and donor acknowledgments.
- Collaborating with DR Officers and MG Fundraisers to facilitate accountability reports according to the accountability calendar, and coordinating all logistics related to the accountabilities letters and mailings
- Applying policies and processes related to events preparation including ordering promotional items; coordinating with vendors, sourcing, event venues, organizing site visits, catering, audio visual, staging, and other event-related requirements as needed
- Coordinating independently and assisting with DR events; includes event set up and all logistical aspects to ensure the event and post-event follow up runs smoothly.
- Managing all logistical aspects of events follow-up, including entering attendance information into the database, coordinating post-event thank you requirements and creating post-event attendee analysis reports for events as identified.
- Managing RSVP’s and update/track in CRM database; send confirmation emails/mail/conduct phone calls with all confirmed guests with final event details
Salary Range:$47,663 - $54,473
What do you bring?
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills, demonstrated attention to detail and high levels of initiative.
- Must be willing to manage a variable and volatile workflow and have capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure in a deadline driven environment.
- Aptitude for working in a highly diverse environment and possess the ability to interact with multiple constituencies in a respectful and meaningful manner.
- Respected as a strong, positive team player with a collaborative work style and strong work ethic.
- Computer skills - proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and database programs. SalesForce knowledge an asset.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy are a must.
- Ability and willingness to work outside normal work hours when required.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Demonstrated judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
How To Apply
What do we offer?
This is a full-time temporary role for 24 months. The successful candidate can expect a competitive base starting salary between $47,663 and $54,473, depending on experience. Additional variable pay, benefits, pension, flexible working arrangements, investment in professional development and subsidized access to fitness, cycling and parking facilities all contribute to a top-notch total rewards package.
If you possess the qualifications and experience indicated, please email your resume and cover letter in a single pdf file, with “[Your Name], DR Coordinator” in the file name and email subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9 am on December 15, 2021.
We welcome applications from Indigenous people, people with disabilities, BIPOC and racialized individuals, people of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, and others who may contribute to the Foundation's organizational diversity and who share the Foundation's values.