Associate Director, Marketing & Communications - 14+ Month Maternity Contract - Victoria Hospitals Foundation
Do you want to be part of a dynamic team that is making significant impact on the advancement of healthcare on Vancouver Island? If so, Victoria Hospitals Foundation may be your next opportunity!
The Victoria Hospitals Foundation works in partnership with Island Health to enable donations to every area of care at Royal Jubilee, Victoria General, and Gorge Road hospitals. As Island Health's largest charitable partner, we raise donations for medical equipment, special projects, education, and research. Our donors fund an incredible 40% of the equipment in Victoria General and Royal Jubilee hospitals.
In 2020/21, the Foundation earned revenue of over $15 million, including gifts from over 5,200 donors. Since 1989, the Victoria Hospitals Foundation has raised more than $163 million to benefit our hospitals.
The Associate Director, Marketing & Communications leads the strategic direction of our marketing and communications tactics to create awareness of our mission that translates to community giving. This role is integral in supporting our organization’s annual budget goals including the acquisition of new donors. The Associate Director is a key collaborator with all program managers within the Foundation, ensuring the Foundation is professionally presented to our donors, stakeholders and the community. The Associate Director oversees, creates, and implements a high volume of work assignments quickly and accurately.
This role manages three positions: a Manager, Officer and Coordinator, and is vital part of the Foundation’s leadership team, which works collaboratively to inspire and foster an excellent work culture. The successful candidate will inspire philanthropy through a variety of communications channels strategies and strengthen our direct response, e-mail marketing, social media, media, print communications, and recognition work. The ideal candidate will be purpose-driven with a passion for philanthropy in the healthcare sector.
- To project manage and lead the marketing and communications annual operating strategy for the Foundation to increase and inspire philanthropy through a variety of communications channels including direct response, e-mail marketing, social media, media, print communications, and recognition.
- To lead the Foundation’s Public Relations and profile on Vancouver Island.
- To support and lead Foundation signature events and initiatives within the hospital.
- To liaise with Island Health employees and care teams, including stakeholders, contractors, and patients as needed to share inspiring stories that attracts community giving.
- Act as a Foundation spokesperson at times, and leads media relations.
- To responsibly manage an operating budget that inspires awareness and achieves annual goals and KPI’s.
- To performance manage and coach a team that strives for strong results.
- To share donor impact through prudent stewardship.
- To champion a culture of philanthropy on Vancouver Island.
Our team is a highly collaborative with a strong connected purpose. We are passionate about supporting the health and well-being of our community through philanthropy and deeply care about the health of our hospitals. Our team is innovative and approaches feedback as an opportunity to learn and grow, seeking understanding of different perspectives. We lead by example and hold ourselves to a high standard of professionalism. Above all, we share the same values and support one another in the profound work we do.
Salary Range:$65,000 - $85,000
- A degree, diploma, or certificate in a discipline applicable to the position or an equivalent combination of experience and education and a minimum of five years’ experience leading strategic communications, media relations, and fundraising is critical.
- A proven mentor, coach and inspiring leader with excellent results.
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Experience working in a non-profit that raises +$10M annually.
- Excellent ability to create and deliver cross-channel and platform messaging that enhances brand awareness and public familiarity of a non-profit brand.
- Versatile in platforms such as Social Media, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Keynote, PowerPoint, Mail Chimp, Google Analytics, WordPress and CMS.
- High attention to detail, the ability to prioritize assignments, and manage multiple, diverse, and ongoing projects is essential.
How To Apply
Our goal is to have our new team member start in January 2022, but will accommodate an earlier or later start if needed. We welcome remote candidates to apply for this position.
To note: Based on the Provincial Health Order, any offer of employment will be contingent on the provision of proof of a double COVID-19 vaccine.
We welcome qualified candidates to submit a detailed cover letter and resume in confidence to VHFHR@islandhealth.ca. Full job description available upon request.
Please include “#21-09 – Associate Director, Marketing and Communications” in the subject line.