Administrative Assistant, Major Gifts - VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation
Who are we?
VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation is Vancouver Coastal Health's primary philanthropic partner, raising funds for specialized adult health services and research for all British Columbians. We partner with donors to drive innovation and sustainable health care at VGH & UBC Hospital, GF Strong Rehab Centre, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute and Vancouver Community Health Services. Further information about the Foundation is available at www.vghfoundation.ca.
The Foundation generates over $50 million annually in revenues. The Major Gifts & Gifts and Estate Planning department is responsible for raising gifts of $25,000 or greater and for general annual revenues of over $35 million. The Major Gifts and Gift and Estate Planning team is also responsible for the successful implementation of key strategic initiatives in the Foundation’s Strategic Plan in order to meet organizational objectives.
What’s the opportunity?
Reporting to the Administration Manager, Philanthropy, the Administrative Assistant is one of four assistants performing a wide range of administrative activities in support of the Major Gifts department.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible primarily for providing excellent administrative support to two fundraisers including:
- managing calendars, schedules, and contacts
- supporting them with data management and reporting, and donor cultivation and recognition
- arranging meetings internally for Major Gifts department
- arranging meetings with participants from outside the Foundation including medical partners, health care and research leadership, corporate/community leadership and major donors;
- preparing or assisting with a wide range of materials including presentations, reports, and correspondences
- performing a wide range of administrative activities in support of the Major Gifts department
This individual is expected to provide a high level of customer service and exercise tact and diplomacy in working with donors, volunteers, and hospital medical and administrative leadership. The incumbent is also responsible for handling incoming gifts promptly and maintaining confidential donor data per standard organizational policy. There are occasional duties of a similar nature that support the broader functioning of the Foundation.
Salary Range:$42,368 - $48,420
What do you bring?
- Demonstrate administrative organizational skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously; comfortable with rapid task-switching
- Excellent communication skills – both verbally and written
- Strong data analysis skills, attention to detail and accuracy are a must
- Demonstrate judgement and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
- Demonstrate ability to analyse and resolve problems quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work under pressure and calmly maintain priorities when deadlines frequently change.
- Computer skills - proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and highly developed internet search skills, familiarity with contact management or fundraising software
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently
- University degree or equivalent diploma, or combination of education and experience related to sales or fundraising
- Minimum two years’ experience with a not-for-profit in an administrative position
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge and/or Salesforce would be an asset
- Experience in fundraising, event planning and/or assistance, estate administration, would be an asset
- Financial/gift planning knowledge would be an asset
What do we offer?
This is a full time permanent position. The successful person can expect a competitive yearly base salary between $42,368 and $48,420, depending on experience. Additional variable pay, benefits, flexible working arrangements, investment in professional development and subsidized access to fitness, cycling and parking facilities all contribute to a top-notch total rewards package.
How To Apply
If you possess the qualifications and experience indicated, please email your resume and cover letter in a single pdf file, with your name and “Major Gifts Administrative Assistant” in the subject line and file name, by 9:00 am on December 08, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applications from Indigenous people, people with disabilities, BIPOC and racialized individuals, people of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, and others who may contribute to the Foundation's organizational diversity and who share the Foundation's values.