Development Officer, Corporate Giving - Union Gospel Mission, Vancouver
At Union Gospel Mission, fundraising is key to being able to offer the life changing services we provide each day of the year. The Development Officer, Corporate Giving, will support with engaging the corporate community to position UGM as a charity of choice, as well as developing and implementing a coordinated and centralized strategy for our partnership program. The incumbent is responsible for the development of their portfolio through:
- Prospect identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of corporate donors.
- Researching and matching interested corporations with UGM funding opportunities and increasing the level of giving with current donors.
- Attracting new corporations to support the strategic priorities of UGM.
We are looking for an individual with effective communication skills that build trust, respect and credibility with our donors. The successful candidate must have a university degree and/or professional certification, along with a minimum of 3 years of experience in fundraising, corporate relations, and the not for profit sector, or equivalent education and experience in a for profit environment.
You may come into contact with clients in crisis situations, brought about by diverse problems. There will be other staff nearby to assist as required.
This is a permanent, full-time (37.5 hours) position. For a copy of the full job description, please visit our website.
Who We Are
Demonstrating the love of Christ, UGM feeds hope and changes lives through a faith-based continuum of care. We are a proud member of the Canadian Council of Christian Charities and have earned the Best Christian Workplace award again in 2021. We provide competitive salaries, generous vacation and sick leave, an RRSP matching program, as well as the potential for educational assistance and flexible work arrangements. In addition our extensive benefits plan is fully employer-paid and includes extended dental and medical, as well as $4,500 per year in pooled para-medical expenses. A focus on employee resilience, support for professional development, engagement in meaningful work, and a fun and caring environment are all part of being a member of the UGM team. If you are someone who desires to learn and grow, has a passion to serve and make a difference, and connects with others with both humility and humour, then you will be a great fit at UGM.
What You’ll Need
If you are considering employment with UGM, you must:
- be legally entitled to work in Canada
- be able to demonstrate compatibility with our Core Values
- support our Statement of Faith
- be willing to provide, as a condition of employment, a current criminal record check, with vulnerable sector search, if you are the successful candidate.
- possess a valid, unrestricted driver’s license and submit a current driver’s abstract.
Salary Range:$50,000 - $70,000
- University degree and/or professional certification, along with a minimum of 3 years of experience in fundraising, corporate relations, and the not for profit sector, or equivalent education and experience in a for profit environment. Experience in corporate and/or administrative environments.
- Consideration may be given to alternate combinations of lived experience and education.
- Proven experience in database management, experience working with Salesforce software is an asset.
- Ability to use In-Design is an asset
- Intermediate computer skills (Excel, Word Outlook and presentation software).
- Good knowledge of, and operate according to, UGM’s Ethical Code of Fundraising and Financial
Accountability policy and Confidentiality policy.
- Good knowledge of, and operate according to, the AFP Guidelines & Donor Bill of Rights.
- Good knowledge of, and operate within, CRA and CCCC guidelines, which relate to financial and giftin-kind donations and donor recognition.
How To Apply
How to Apply
To submit your cover letter and résumé by November 28, 2021, visit ugm.ca/careers. If you have questions about this posting, please contact Winna Ma, HR Advisor, at 604 215 5430 ext. 456. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, and are especially—but not only—interested in applications from Indigenous individuals.