Executive Director - Foundations for Social Change
Foundations for Social Change
Foundations for Social Change has received global attention for its innovative approach to addressing homelessness. This engine for social change is searching for an entrepreneurial and visionary Executive Director to lead the organization. As our approach gains momentum, this is an exciting opportunity for a driven and committed leader who wants to make an impact – globally.
Who We Are
Foundations for Social Change works to engage with people from all levels of society to harvest bold innovative designs for social change. FSC is not a traditional non-profit or service provider; rather, it acts as an incubator of new ideas that are scientifically tested and moved from pilot research to become permanent policy.
Our motto is BELIEVE IN SOMEONE.
- Mission: We innovate for new models that advance social change and promote shared prosperity.
- Vision: A kind and inclusive world where everyone thrives.
- Values: In all that we do, as individuals and as a group, we are guided by the values of Courage, Compassion, and Connection.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Foundations for Social Change (FSC)'s team, volunteers, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize FSC volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong board; serve as ex-officio of each committee; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations as well as for the national rollout.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain FSC's high-performance team
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and national and international expansion.
- Identifying and implementing ways to sustainably fund operations on an ongoing basis.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
Planning & New Programs:
- Design the national expansion and complete the strategic business planning process for project expansion in new locations.
- Begin to build partnerships in new locations, establishing relationships with the funders, and political and community leaders at each expansion site.
- Be an external local and national presence that publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program as a model for regional and national replication.
Competitive package available
Salary Range:$85,000 - $92,000
The ED will be thoroughly committed to FSC's mission. All candidates should have an entrepreneurial mindset, proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. Entrepreneurial or strategy consulting experience are an advantage.
Specific requirements include:
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures;
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning;
- Advanced degree, with at least 5 years of senior management experience; track record of effectively leading and regionally and/or nationally scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth;
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation;
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget;
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills;
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people;
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
Salary range is approximately $85,000 - $92,000 with benefits.
How To Apply
Applications close 3rd December 2021. Apply to email@example.com
FSC recognizes and celebrates the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity, and sexual orientation. We encourage applications from BIPOC individuals, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less.
Foundations for Social Change acknowledges and honours that we live and work on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Coast Salish peoples–Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), Stó:lō and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) and xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) Nations.