Fundraising Coordinator - Vancouver Co-op Radio - Vancouver Co-operative Radio Society
Vancouver Co-op Radio (www.coopradio.org) is hiring a part time Fundraising Coordinator to add to our staff team. We have a fun, supportive and inclusive workplace, raise over $250,000 from dedicated supporters each year (many of them monthly), and we look forward to learning from your experience to grow our programs. Vancouver Co-op Radio is an innovative non-profit community radio station & podcast recording studio providing a voice for those underrepresented in mainstream media.
Each week, Co-op Radio provides access to community space, training and equipment for 300+ volunteers who produce 140 hours of original programming, in over 10 languages. We are a mosaic of 90 unique Radio Show collectives, supported in partnership by some of the most respected non-profit organizations in the province. Our beautiful Radio Station is a jewel in the heart of the city, and since 1975 we have celebrated the GVRD's rich cultural diversity through our arts, music, and spoken word programming.
We are looking for a motivated individual to add to an energetic and eclectic team. We value self-confidence, self-reliance, and demand attention to detail. As the Fundraising Coordinator you will be responsible for building
relationships with volunteers, community sponsors, listeners and supporters, while raising money through a variety of channels, including phone, direct mail, digital marketing, events, and sales.
Essential is your demonstrated passion for connecting with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences (including Indigenous, POC, LGBT2S+, Youth, Seniors, people with diverse-abilities, etc.). Applicant assets would include non-profit or direct marketing experience, database experience (we use Donor Perfect), computer knowledge, affinity for numbers, and verbal and written communication skills are required. This is a unique and challenging position, requiring curiosity, maturity, patience and independent and innovative problem-solving techniques. Excellent time-management skills are crucial.
Our Fundraising Coordinator will be communicating directly with supporters, testing new fundraising strategies, while growing our stable base of monthly and annual donors. Our staff team is very supportive, while our dedicated volunteers (many of them creative professionals) are always ready to jump in and help out when needed.
The position is unionised with Unifor, Local 3000, is 15 hours a week, with a starting wage of $26.59 per hour plus 20% loading in lieu of vacation, statutory holidays, sick leave and benefits.
The Fundraising Coordinator is primarily responsible for developing and stewarding new and existing donors.
This is a permanent position, reporting to the Board of Directors, who (along with staff, volunteers) actively participates in fundraising activities.
HOURS: 15 Hours a Week
WAGE: $26.59/hour plus 20% loading in lieu of vacation, statutory holidays, sick leave and benefits
(part of Unifor Local 3000).
PERKS: Vancouver Chapter, Association of Fundraising Professionals annual membership
START DATE: ASAP
Salary Range:$23,000 - $25,000
• Increase Donor revenue through Individuals, Members, Non Profit Partners, Arts & Cultural Organizations, Festivals, Foundations, Government Agencies, Local Businesses, Unions, and Cooperatives;
• Conduct prospect research, donor cultivation, and solicitation;
• Plan and manage channel strategies including digital marketing, telephone fundraising, radio promotions, direct mail; sponsorships, events, grants, face-to-face, and member drives;
• Plan and manage the participation of volunteers in Fundraising activities;
• Coordinate the Fundraising Committee (which develops and executes the fundraising & stewardship plan);
• Identify and execute acquisition strategies for large gifts and bequests;
• Prepare regular process reports; critical path updates; and donor & member reports;
• Other fundraising and outreach duties, as directed by the Executive Director;
• Maintaining Donor Perfect Database
• Fundraising experience in a non-profit setting with a focus on donor development, and/or equivalent training
• Demonstrated abilities to directly engage with community members in order to solicit donations and support
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: clear written and verbal communication; an ability to openly give and accept feedback with tact and diplomacy; an ease working with a diverse range of volunteers
• Well-developed computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and donor-based database software; meticulous attention to detail; experience with Donor Perfect is an asset
• Demonstrated project management, tracking, and reporting skills
• Track record of meeting assigned goals with minimum supervision; ability to be self-directed and work independently; effectiveness as a team member
• Capacity to adapt quickly to situations, manage multiple and conflicting demands, and prioritize and delegate tasks effectively
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume in one PDF document labelled yourfirstname_yourlastname.pdf to boardliaison [AT] coopradio.org.
Application Deadline: Friday October 29, 2021
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants; only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Vancouver Co-operative Radio is an affirmative action employer.