Development Officer, Digital Giving - Easter Seals BC Yukon
Easter Seals BC Yukon programs and services aspire to make a difference in the lives of persons with disabilities. We have helped improve access and mobility, housed families in need when they are required to travel for specialized medical care, and inspired generations of children, teens and adults with disabilities at summer camp.
Our work reaches communities across BC and the Yukon, and with 25% of the population in British Columbia alone recognizing they have a disability, the work we do is important now more than ever, which is why we’re looking for passionate people to join our team and help move our mission forward.
As a member of the Development Team, The Development Officer, Digital Giving will play an important role in growing online giving.
Reporting to the Director, Development, and working in collaboration with Marketing & Communications, this role will have a strong focus on donor renewal, new donor acquisition, and donor retention strategies.
- Responsible to design and implement an effective strategic digital fundraising strategy to grow online giving from existing donors and acquire new donors – single gifts and monthly giving donors
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications team to determine the timing and social media assets for each digital fundraising campaign
- Manage timelines for each campaign to ensure deadlines are met
- Coordinate digital campaigns collaboratively with Marketing & Communications, assisting with digital creation and campaign execution as needed
- Identifying, researching and building new digital funding streams
Fundraising & Stewardship
- Test digital fundraising strategies to determine the best approach for donor retention and acquisition
- Assist to develop and manage stewardship plans for online single gift and monthly donors, in conjunction with the Director, Development; maintain ongoing stewardship
- Monitor and report on digital fundraising donor acquisition and retention, and all digital fundraising campaigns
- Segment donor file to optimize donor experience and revenue potential
- Work with the Manager, Corporate Partnerships and Manager, Community Partnerships to create an integrated approach to fundraising through various channels
- Content creation for enewsletters for donor groups
- Strategically manage and promote mobile giving
- Develop, and collect results for digital donor surveys
- Work with Fund Development Coordinator to ensure donor data is captured accurately in Salseforce
- Analyzing data for reporting, identifying new growth potential and data trends
- Collaborate with Manager, Marketing & Communications, Development Team and Mission-based leadership to gather content for fundraising appeals, e-newsletters and digital stewardship
- Edit content to ensure messaging is compelling
This role is a full-time, permanent position. The position allows for an office and/or work from home hybrid model. Occasional evenings, weekends and/or extended hours may be required to accommodate meetings, activities and events.
Salary is based on experience and includes a comprehensive extended benefits package (upon eligibility); Group Life and AD&D, Dental, Extended Health and Long-Term Disability.
Easter Seals provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals and we are committed to a diverse workforce. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Salary Range:$43,000 - $54,000
Experience and Skills
Post-secondary degree or diploma in Fundraising, Marketing or equivalent experience
- 2 – 5 years of experience in annual giving fundraising/campaign, with a digital fundraising lens
- Knowledge of fund development best practices and principles
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational and planning skill
- Writing and editing experience
- Graphic design experience is an asset
- Experience in running social media campaigns
- Demonstrable experience in creating digital content specifically for appeals and peer campaigns
- Knowledge of current and developing online fundraising strategies, social media, mobile and new technologies
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications and experience using a CRM system (Salesforce experience is an asset)
- An appetite for following philanthropic trends both nationally and internationally
- Ability to query, segment and analyze data for reporting, identifying new growth potential and data trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Passion for the Easter Seals BC Yukon mission!
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to Emma Liffen at firstname.lastname@example.org