Fundraising Manager - West Coast Kids Cancer Foundation
West Coast Kids Cancer Foundation (WCK) exists to provide timely, practical support to respond to the needs of BC kids and their families, easing their way as they navigate childhood cancer and blood disorders.
Building things from the ground up makes you feel alive. Creating new processes, building new initiatives and seeing new ideas through to reality makes your heart soar. You see the potential in WCK as a young organization and know that you have what it takes to help us scale and grow to reach our ambitious goals. You take great joy in connecting people with the opportunity to give and are ready to create opportunities in new, innovative and creative ways.
About this role:
WCK was founded in 2017 with the vision that one day all children in BC and their families will have the meaningful, comprehensive support they need to navigate their journeys with childhood cancer and blood disorders. As a growing non-profit, we are looking for a passionate and committed professional to join our small, motivated team to help lead fundraising strategies and initiatives.
As a valued member of our team, you will:
- Create a robust fund development strategy to support and complement the growth of WCK programs.
- Leads and is accountable for all fundraising programs, including annual giving, mid-level giving, monthly giving, major gifts, and foundation giving.
- Update and oversee recognition, acknowledgment and stewardship for all donor levels.
- Reporting to the Executive Director, you will collaborate closely to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donor support.
- Closely track revenue patterns and provide insights into improving the donor experience and identifying opportunities for continued growth.
- Lead annual giving campaigns in close collaboration with the Executive Director and Communication Coordinator.
- Lead and support volunteers to assist with fundraising programs, initiatives and events.
- Support donor management documentation and database upkeep.
- Support the creative development of events from development to implementation.
- Research and cultivate relationships and partnerships with the funding communities in the Lower Mainland, Fraser Valley and other areas to support WCK’s growth strategy.
- Provide overall fundraising policy and strategic advice to the Executive Director and WCK Board of Directors.
Salary Range:$65,000 - $75,000
What you bring to the role:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience applying fundraising principles, combined with motivation and enthusiasm to think outside the box.
- Minimum five years of experience planning and executing revenue-generating fund development initiatives.
- A creative, strategic and innovative mindset with a flair for detail and numbers.
- Ability and drive to complete ground-laying work necessary to build a grassroots organization.
- Works well independently and collaboratively with a tight-knit team.
- Ability to lead, coach, mentor, and motivate a team.
- An open mind! We’re a young and agile organization and focused on innovation and trailblazing.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and a strong desire to work collaboratively with WCK team members (staff and volunteers), board members and external partners.
- High level of integrity, tact and diplomacy in all you do.
- Experience working with donor management software and exploring new technologies.
- Can passionately engage volunteers to accomplish WCK’s mission, including facilitating and managing committees in a productive, fun, and focused manner.
- Experience with Google Suite is an asset.
- Related post-secondary degree or diploma (or equivalent training or experience) is an asset.
- CFRE accreditation is an asset.
How To Apply
Compensation and Details:
- This position is 30 hours/week with flexible days
- Salary range is $65,000 - $75,000 pro-rated for a 0.8 FTE
- Flexible, hybrid work from home/office model
We want to hear from you! To apply for the Fundraising Manager position on the WCK team, please send a cover letter and resume to Shannon Hartwig, Executive Director at email@example.com, by October 19, 2021.
West Coast Kids Cancer Foundation is committed to equality, diversity and a welcoming and inclusive workplace. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for consideration.