Manager of Major Gifts, Research & Innovation - St. Paul's Foundation
St. Paul’s Foundation is seeking a new Manager of Major Gifts, Research and Innovation to be responsible for all research and innovation commitments made by St. Paul’s Foundation within the parameters of our Comprehensive Campaign.
Our ideal candidate has a strong understanding of the health innovation ecosystem and the interface between academic health research and implementation science. In addition, you have at least 5 years of relevant experience and demonstrated success in identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors, preferably in a health research setting. You have exceptional interpersonal and relationship skills and can navigate a complex organization in a solutions-focused manner.
Salary Range:$0 - $0
You will create and implement a strategic fundraising plan for fundraising priorities in conjunction with members of the Foundation, Providence Health Care (PHC), and the Foundation’s volunteer steering committee.
- Collaborate with members of PHC’s redevelopment team and the Foundation’s chief innovation development officer to build meaningful relationships that broaden our ability to garner increased support for PHC.
- Maintain a current knowledge base of all PHC research and innovation initiatives and liaise with PHC’s clinician scientists and intraepreneurs to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors and academic and industry partners.
- Work with the prospect research officer to identify prospects.
- Work with the stewardship and donor relations team to create meaningful recognition plans and policies.
- Work with the communications team to develop materials tailored to audiences interested in research and innovation.
- Assist in recruiting and onboarding volunteers to assist with fundraising activities.
- Help develop agendas and reporting tools for stakeholders (including the steering committee and fundraising cabinets).
- Ensure our Raiser’s Edge NXT database is meticulously maintained so donors, prospects, and volunteers are identified and all communications with them are recorded.
- Prepare an annual workplan and budget in tandem with the development team.
- Participate in presentations and provide regular progress reports for the director of major gifts, the chief development officer, and the chief innovation development officer.
- Stay abreast of trends in charitable giving and up-to-date on the tax implications of charitable gifts, including new legislation and rulings affecting such gifts.
- Experience working in health research and/or a health technology setting.
- Demonstrated management capabilities with staff and volunteers.
- Superior interpersonal and collaboration skills to engage and motivate stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation abilities; adept at time- and organizational-management; keen attention to detail.
- Able to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Highly computer-literate with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ethical behaviour: you are committed to ensuring your behaviour, and that of others, is consistent with the mission and values of St. Paul’s Foundation.
How To Apply
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to the attention of C. Tupper at SPFCareers@providencehealth.bc.ca by noon on September 24, 2021.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to creating a great workplace. At St. Paul’s Foundation, we are fully committed to building a strong and representative team. To that end, we especially encourage applications from members of all communities who are disadvantaged on any grounds, including people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities, people with disabilities, and Indigenous Peoples.
We appreciate your interest in working with St. Paul’s Foundation. Regrettably, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About St. Paul’s Foundation
St. Paul’s Foundation raises funds to support patients, residents, caregivers, and families at St. Paul’s Hospital and at Providence Health Care’s 17 sites across BC. Our generous donors are an essential part of Providence Health Care’s mission to deliver compassionate care, innovative research, and world-class medical training and education.
As we look back on our 127-year history – and forward to our future with the new St. Paul’s Hospital at the Jim Pattison Medical Centre – we are pushing the boundaries of innovation, research, and patient-centred care for the people of British Columbia and beyond. Truly, our mission and the support of our community have never been more important. www.helpstpauls.com