Development Manager - BC & Alberta Guide Dogs
BC & Alberta Guide Dogs is a registered charity that provides professionally trained Guide Dogs to blind and visually impaired individuals, Autism Service Dogs to children with autism, and OSI/PTSD Service Dogs to Veterans and First Responders in the provinces of British Columbia and Alberta. This is a awesome opportunity that combines the specialties of fundraising, community outreach and account management.
Salary Range:$0 - $68,000
The Manager of Development is a results-oriented, front-line fundraiser dedicated to the retention and growth of our donor base. Primary responsibilities are to:
- Develop and execute overall fundraising plan strategies within the BC market and in concert with the Alberta Manager of Development.
- Provide regular status and fundraising strategy analysis reports to the CEO
- Maintain and cultivate existing donor base through research and tailored giving strategies, including foundations, corporations’ and individuals.
- Develop new fundraising initiatives and revenue sources to complement existing revenue streams.
- Deliver appropriate and timely donor recognition and stewardship.
- Build awareness through community outreach activities and initiatives.
- Works with Manager, Marketing and Communications to create media opportunities that increase brand awareness of both organizations.
- Maintain accurate and consistent donor activity tracking in the database management system.
- Provide support for Special Events, including actively seeking event sponsorships.
Skills & Qualifications
- Completion of post-secondary education in business or related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in fund/donor development.
- Superior interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication.
- Proven grant writing capabilities.
- Excellent public speaker.
- Outstanding customer service skills with demonstrated ability to build effective and positive relationships.
- Excellent discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Able to work independently with a variable workflow while maintaining appropriate priorities and executing timely deliverables.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional computer skills: must be highly-proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel programs, and Google Suite products. Familiarity with MAC products an asset.
- Must have previous experience with donor database management system. Blackbaud E-tapestry knowledge an asset.
- Must have Class 5 driver’s license
How To Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to William Thornton at: firstname.lastname@example.org