Senior Manager, Gala - Canadian Cancer Society
WHY JOIN THE CANADIAN CANCER SOCIETY (CCS)?
We are the only national charity that supports Canadians with all cancers in communities across the country—no other organization does what we do. As the voice for Canadians who care about cancer, we fund groundbreaking research, provide trusted information about cancer, offer a support system to help people with cancer and their families cope, and shape health policies to prevent cancer and support those living with the disease.
With the help of hundreds of thousands of people that the Canadian Cancer Society (CCS) brings together, we are a force-for-life in the face of cancer. Join us and you can work with passionate and committed individuals from coast to coast who are working to improve the cancer experience by helping people live longer and enhancing their quality of life.
To learn more about us, visit cancer.ca.
Reporting to the Vice President, Supporter Engagement, the Senior Manager, Daffodil Ball, will be responsible for all activities specific to organizing the Daffodil Ball event and developing and implementing its strategic plan.
This entails identifying and cultivating relationships with potential high net worth guests, solicitation and stewardship as well as working with the Daffodil Ball committee through a “leadership from behind” strategy. The Sr. Manager will work closely with both Daffodil Committee Co-Chairs, Committee members and a variety of internal teams to develop and implement strategies to grow the event.
A key responsibility is to secure funds from individuals and corporations for the event both in-kind and cash. Close interaction with staff members, donors, vendors and volunteers will be required to ensure that all logistical components of the event are established, implemented and executed on time and within budget.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Develop the strategic fundraising plans, including annual budget, for the Daffodil Ball Vancouver and ensure successful implementation. Special emphasis on prospecting and donor/supporter acquisition and retention.
- On-going management of objectives and revenue goals, including expense management, to ensure the event is on track.
- Develops program key performance indicators to help track event progress and performance.
- Monitors and enhances the events critical path to ensure all required tasks are completed on time and on budget.
- Develops, analyzes, and reports on monthly progress towards goals.
- Determines requirements for event marketing materials and works with both the Marketing and Communications teams for the development of the pieces, including video assets.
- Manages contract and vendor negotiations, including special event licensing as required.
- Collaborates with the Leadership Giving team to manage key relationships and to deliver best in class stewardship in line with the organization’s best practices.
- Recruiting, training, supervising and coaching of 1 direct report.
- Develops and implements a leadership volunteer structure for committees.
- Actively uses the Societies Salesforce database system.
- Is a key contributor to the overall management team of the Canadian Cancer Society and will work collaboratively towards our shared mission and goals.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
CCS offers meaningful opportunities to help make a difference in the lives of Canadians with cancer and their families. We are committed to fostering a culture that is inspiring, supportive and exemplifies our core values:
CARING COURAGE INTEGRITY PROGRESSIVE.
In return for your skills and dedication, we offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can make a true difference every day.
Salary Range:$0 - $0
- 5 – 7 years proven experience operating and executing large scale Gala events. Including the ability to strategically drive events to meet revenue goals, recognize opportunities for growth and adjust planning to ensure success.
- Extensive knowledge of, and ability to interact with, senior level business, volunteer and community leaders. An understanding of the local philanthropic community would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of strategic & operational planning, budgeting, and financial analysis required.
- Proven ability to set and accomplish goals and objectives, establish priorities with minimal direction.
- Superior interpersonal skills with highly developed verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven relationship management skills with donors and volunteers.
- Diplomatic, deal making and influencing skills.
- Strong presentation and public-speaking skills (one-to-one and to groups)
- Driven and ambitious with the ability to create and achieve goals.
- Skilled teambuilding abilities. Proven ability to coach or mentor others.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends and to travel to attend meetings.
- Related event management experience and expertise in revenue development, with specifically demonstrated knowledge and experience in: Management of major fundraising events; Solicitation of major gifts; Securing of corporate sponsorship; Recruitment and management of leadership volunteers and staff members.
- University degree or professional certification in fundraising or related business discipline.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suite and Givergy is an asset.
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter and salary expectations by September 16, 2021.
For internal candidates, this position is assigned to salary band 7.
CCS is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. CCS will make available reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities upon request.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that in keeping with the mandate of CCS to model and promote healthy lifestyles, employees are not permitted to smoke in or about CCS premises or while carrying out CCS business.
Apply directly on our website Senior Manager, Gala.
Connect with us online