Associate Director of Advancement - Collingwood School
Collingwood School is a coeducational day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC. Our purpose is to teach, model, inspire and encourage our students, ultimately preparing them to become successful global citizens. With an innovative, evolving approach to teaching, the totality of our curriculum provides students with a wealth of diverse, meaningful and transformative educational experiences.
At Collingwood, we are uncommon, unbounded and unassuming. We seek teachers who are prepared to equip students with the skills to create a more inclusive, cohesive and productive world; teachers who are willing to learn and who are experts in academics, arts, athletics or service.
We are seeking an experienced Associate Director of Advancement to join our school. Reporting to the Executive Director of Advancement, this role will help to shape and contribute to all aspects of the Advancement function with a particular focus on the Annual Fund, enhancing donor engagement, cultivation and stewardship, and overseeing communications for the Department. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, collaborative individual who will demonstrate the ability to contribute to the many facets of school life. This is a Permanent Full Time position starting immediately.
- • Support the fundraising strategy and targets, in consultation with the Executive Director of Advancement
- • Lead the annual Collingwood School Tartan Fund
- • Enhance donor engagement, cultivation & stewardship
- • Implement and oversee robust communications for the Advancement Department
- • Support the work of the Foundation Board as needed
- • Perform other duties as assigned
Salary Range:$0 - $0
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field (i.e. Marketing, Business)
- 5-7 years’ experience in advancement
- A strong sense of fundraising ethics and practices
- An exceptional builder of relationships with the consummate interpersonal and communication skills to quickly and effectively establish and nurture relationships/partnerships with all constituent levels
- A strong interest in the transformative power of education and the ability to effectively market and communicate the distinct mission and values of the School
- Excellent knowledge and experience in annual fundraising programs, special events, and donor relations
- Demonstrated ability to be adaptable, flexible and creative, especially when facing challenges
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Results oriented and employs business metrics effectively, demonstrating and surpassing standards of excellence
- An approachable and collaborative team member who works well with other to achieve individual and shared goals
- Canadian residency and legally entitled to work in Canada
- Experience in managing and supporting the development of staff
- Willing to travel including some overnight trips
- A second language is an asset
Our “Must Haves”
- Committed to creating and continuing an environment that values diversity and inclusion for all community members
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
- Desire to excel and succeed
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
- Self motivated, energetic and fun!
How To Apply
We offer a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, along with one of the most beautiful locations in Canada to work!
If this role is a good fit, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position along with your resume, including three employment references, by September 13, 2021 to https://can60.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/cws/Posting/View/282
We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please visit our website for more information about our school.