Database Assistant - Dr. Peter AIDS Foundation
About the Dr. Peter Centre
Dr. Peter Jepson-Young was a young, gay Vancouver physician who shifted public views and brought a human face to HIV/AIDS. He chronicled his personal battle with the disease through the Dr. Peter Diaries, a weekly video diary that aired on CBC.
Shortly before his death in 1992, he established the Dr. Peter Centre with the mission of providing comfort care to people living with HIV/AIDS. Today, the Dr. Peter Centre manages a day health program, a 24-hour licensed care residence with specialized nursing care, and an enhanced supportive housing program, to provide comprehensive medical care for people living with HIV/AIDS, mental illness, substance use, and homelessness.
Since 2002, the Centre has been internationally recognized as the first health care facility in North America to integrate supervised consumption services into its model of care.
To learn more, visit www.drpeter.org/welcome
What you bring
You are a mission-driven, highly motivated self-starter who is enthusiastic about achieving the goals and objectives of the organization. You bring knowledge in fundraising and experience with database and IT work, and you thrive in a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment.
As a member of a small, but mighty Development team, the Database Assistant reports to the Director of Development and is responsible for the following:
- Entering data, downloading data, and reconciling reports using the donor database per accepted standards.
- Preparing donor related correspondence and documentation.
- Supporting the team with events and activities for fundraising and communications.
- Providing onsite IT support to the organization.
- Ability to produce high-quality work and manage multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and last minute, unplanned requests, changes or feedback.
- Self-starter with the ability to follow through on tasks with minimal supervision and proactively make recommendations to achieve organizational goals.
- Demonstrated tact and sound judgement during difficult situations and display a high degree of discretion and decision-making ability.
- Handles information with sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Has a meticulous dedication to accuracy and consistency in all writing projects.
- Thinks strategically while implementing a number of related tactics.
- Creative, critical thinker; self-motivated, flexible, and adaptive.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Manage the donor database, including data inputs and outputs.
- Administer monthly giving and online giving initiatives.
- Assist with direct mail appeals.
- Update online fundraising portals and other electronic tools as required.
- Provide reports on fundraising projects to the Director of Development.
- Prepare proposals, thank you letters, tax receipts and correspondence.
- Support the team with administrative tasks that assist in the planning and execution of fundraising events.
- Maintain inventory of general office supplies and equipment.
- Steward prospects, donors, clients, staff and volunteers appropriately.
- Assist the Centre’s Reception team with front desk relief work.
- Develop efficient, effective and appropriate procedures.
- Contribute to an environment of collaboration, respect and teamwork.
- Represent the Dr. Peter Centre in a professional and ethical manner to ensure that the reputation of the Centre is maintained and enhanced.
- Conduct all business activities in accordance with Dr. Peter Centre terms and conditions of employment, policies and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining computer inventory and act as the point person for support tickets with IT vendor.
- Provide one-one-one assistance to staff experiencing computer issues (MS Teams, SharePoint, Outlook etc.) as well as Windows and Office 365 login related issues.
- Provide assistance with on-the-ground roll out of IT projects, with direction from IT vendor and management.
- Review procedures and helps troubleshoot IT challenges if required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned/required.
The Dr. Peter Centre is a long term care facility that is subject to the Single Site Order (SSO) issued by the public health authorities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Note: We thank all interested applicants. Regretfully, we are not able to respond to phone calls or emails, and we are able to respond only to those applicants who are being considered for an interview.
Salary Range:$41,000 - $46,000
Education, Qualifications and Experience
The ideal qualifications and experience of the Database Assistant are:
- Experience in fundraising (as an employee or volunteer).
- Experience using a donor database, such as Raiser’s Edge or GiftWorks.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including but not limited to, Word, Excel, SharePoint, Outlook, and Teams.
- Understanding of issues faced by underserved populations, including people living with HIV/AIDS, mental health conditions, substance, poverty, homelessness, &/or discrimination.
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by end of day on July 21, 2021