Development Manager - Pivot Legal Society
Role Purpose: The Development Manager is a key member of the Pivot team responsible for oversight and execution of Pivot’s revenue development. This includes developing, implementing and evaluating annual and multi-year fundraising plans. Primary revenue sources currently include grants (56%) and donations (37%), with the balance derived from interest and earned revenue.
Role Position: The Development Manager reports to the Executive Director, provides supervision and support to the Development and Communications Coordinator, and works collaboratively with all campaign, operations, and communication staff.
- Lead, develop, implement, and evaluate annual and multi-year fundraising plans with clear annual revenue goals.
- Direct oversight and execution of all fundraising programs, including annual and monthly giving, foundations, grants, and major and legacy giving.
- Ensure alignment between Pivot’s most viable fundraising activities and the organization’s capacity; work to create financial sustainability and revenue diversity.
- Maintain and deepen relationships with Pivot funders and donors through stewardship, fundraising appeals, and events.
- Grow Pivot’s base of supporters through relationships and funder prospecting.
- Produce regular fundraising campaign updates, quarterly financial reconciliations, and annual reports to funders.
- Provide and support opportunities for Board engagement in fundraising, as appropriate.
Salary Range:$52,500 - $57,500
You are inspired by community-centred fundraising approaches, take care in building relationships, are self-reflective, a strategic thinker, and are looking for a dynamic and highly collaborative working environment.
Additionally, you bring, and are committed to ongoing learning and developing, the following experiences and skills:
- Experience with the communities Pivot works with, including people living in poverty, people who do sex work, people who use substances, people who are unhoused or precariously housed, and other criminalized communities. Lived experiences in these areas are an asset.
- 3 years of fundraising experience in a non-profit setting.
- Competent writer as relates to grants, reports and fundraising communications.
- Culturally and emotionally intelligent verbal communicator.
- Experience with and comfortable making direct donation asks.
- Understanding of Canada Revenue Agency guidelines for charities.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms; Pivot uses NationBuilder.
- Proficient skills with MS Office Suite.
- Experience with supervising, mentoring, and supporting staff, interns, and volunteers, an asset.
- Experience developing and monitoring project budgets, an asset.
How To Apply
Applications should include a cover letter and CV in one pdf document. Applications must be received no later than 6:00 pm (PST), August 9, 2021. We encourage people to apply early.
Please submit your application to Drew Dennis, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org identified by the subject line: Application for Development Manager.
Pivot strives to create a fair and respectful environment that protects and promotes human rights. Pivot believes that a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve strengthens our ability to achieve our mission. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, abilities, and with a range of life experiences to apply. Your lived experience, as it relates to our work, will be valued. All of our facilities are gender inclusive. We strive to provide an accessible work environment and will happily answer any questions you may have regarding accommodations.