Donor Relations & Database Coordinator - Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland
Mission, Vision and Core Values
Our Mission is to enable life-changing mentoring relationships to ignite the power and potential of young people.
Our Vision is that all young people realized their full potential
Our Core Values are:
- We Champion Potential
- Every Connection Counts
- Showing Up Matters
Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland (www.bigsisters.bc.ca) is a non-profit society and proud member agency of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada Federation. We are committed to enhancing the confidence, self-esteem and well-being of girls, non-binary or transgender youth. Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland is a leader in mentoring youth and providing ongoing support through a variety of engaging programs. Our organization is committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from those who identify as Indigenous, a person of colour, LGBTQ2+, a person with a disability or other community that experiences additional barriers. Join us and make a positive difference in the lives of others in the community.
Why it’s great to work with us:
Big Sisters is a friendly, inclusive and committed team that offers their employees fifteen vacation days within the first year as well as fifteen health days. We provide a generous health care and extended benefits package, including prescription drugs and dental plan. As well, we provide our employees with a professional development allocation and various learning opportunities. Ignite your full potential with Big Sisters!
Is this you?
You have experience working in the non-profit sector and are passionate to work for an organization that help ignite potential for youth in your community. You are a positive and energetic person whose mission is to help build strong client focused relationships with our donors through instilling trust between yourself, your team and our donors. You have excellent administrate skills, are able to demonstrates self-awareness, has strong database knowledge and enjoy being the gatekeeper of a donor database.
What you will be doing:
- Managing the fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge NXT) including data entry, and creating queries and reports
- Ensuring accountability when working in collaboration with the fundraising team to achieve fundraising goals
- Processing all donations and issuing corresponding tax/business receipts in accordance with Revenue Canada guidelines
- Point person for donor relations and support team with stewardship, making thank-you calls
- Responsible for maintaining database hygiene, including; up-to-date donor lists, fundraising records
- Producing reports, mailing lists, and statistics on donors and fundraising campaigns
- Co-ordinates and tracks all stewardship activity of donors, sponsors, partners and funders
- Managing and processing all event ticket sales, sponsorships, and donations
- Assisting with Big Sisters fundraising events and managing on-site registration and payments
- Assisting and co-ordinates appropriate impact reporting to donors, sponsors, and funders
- Drafting fundraising correspondence both internal and external as requested
- Assisting the fundraising team in research on corporations, foundations, employee groups, service clubs and other potential funding sources
- Serves as a liaison to Finance team, assisting with month-end and year-end bank reconciliation between donor database and accounting software.
- Assesses training needs of staff and volunteers to ensure their understanding of database procedures for fundraising initiatives.
Salary Range:$43,000 - $45,000
What you bring:
- Completion of a related post-secondary diploma program (eg: business, fundraising, non-profit management, etc.)
- One to three year's work experience in an administrative or fundraising support role including data management, preferably in a non-profit environment
- Intermediate or advanced skills with fundraising database software, preferably Raiser’s Edge NXT. Advanced database skills would be an asset.
- Excellent computer skills; advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Excellent administrative, organizational, communication and time management skills. Ability to demonstrate situational adaptability by managing changing priorities and multiple requests simultaneously while paying close attention to detail
- Demonstrates ability to work independently as well as build collaborative relationships internally and externally
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use a high degree of discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential situations and material in regards to donors and other fundraising information
- Experience with accounting, finance or bookkeeping is an asset
- Experience with fundraising events would be an asset
How To Apply
What we offer:
- An opportunity to do meaningful work and make a positive impact in the community
- A supportive, positive and engaging work environment
- A commitment to work/life balance for employees
- An annual salary between $43,000 - $45,000 based on experience
- A comprehensive benefits package
- 15 vacation days within the first year of employment, pro-rated
- Commitment to training and development to support employee growth through our professional development benefit
This is a full-time 5-days per week (37.5 hours) position reporting primarily to our Vancouver office. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
If this position sounds like you, please let us know why by submitting your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the Subject Line: Donor Relations and Database CoordinatorApplications will be reviewed as they are received so we encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible.If your background and qualifications match the position requirements, we will contact you.