Associate Director, Advancement - Simon Fraser University
Union/Affiliation: Administrative and Professional Staff (APSA)
Pay range: $65,871 To $78,658 Annually
SFU Department Description: Advancement & Alumni Engagement
Position Grade: 9
# of openings: 1
Biweekly Hours: 72
The Associate Director, Advancement reports to the Executive Director of Advancement and the Dean of the Faculty of Education. The ideal candidate for this role has demonstrated success in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gift donors. Excellent interpersonal skills are required, including the ability to develop and manage relationships in a number of different capacities.
The incumbent is responsible for managing relationships with donor prospects determined to have the ability to make special gifts at the $10K to $100K level by developing and implementing strategies for securing financial support from a portfolio of donor prospects including identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding these gifts from alumni, parents, and friends. The incumbent provides support to and works in partnership with a Faculty team comprised of professional advancement, communication, and research grant staff or as a member of the central Advancement team to develop and implement strategies that facilitate and generate maximum support for the Faculty and/or University.
Salary Range:$65,871 - $78,658
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline and two years of related fundraising experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and relationship management skills.
- Proficient in the use of word, database, spreadsheet, and presentation applications and prospect management systems.
- Excellent research, solicitation, and cultivation skills.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and analytical reasoning skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Good strategic planning skill.
Please include your cover letter and resume in one attachment.
How To Apply
Please apply on our website posting: https://tre.tbe.taleo.net/tre01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=SIMOFRAS&cws=37&rid=2863