Donor Services Coordinator - Canuck Place Children's Hospice
Donor Services Coordinator
Location: Vancouver Office Location
Reporting to: Associate Director, Annual Giving & Donor Services
Job status: Permanent, full-time 1.0 FTE
Canuck Place Children’s Hospice (CPCH) is British Columbia’s recognized pediatric palliative care provider. For over two decades, through the many programs and services we provide, we have made a significant difference in the lives of children with life-threatening illnesses and the families who love them. Be part of a talented and innovative team that takes pride in supporting and providing the highest quality pediatric palliative care.
HERE’S WHY IT’S SO GREAT TO WORK WITH US. Aside from being surrounded by a friendly, inclusive, dedicated team, Canuck Place offers employees up to 20 days’ vacation (pro-rated to their full-time equivalency), an 100% employer-paid benefits package, Municipal Pension Plan (MPP), a Health Spending account that provides up to $500 annually to provide additional coverage for health and wellness activities/services, weekly onsite massage therapy, informative lunch n’ learns, as well as various learning opportunities. Canuck Place Children’s Hospice also has a ‘Care For the Caregiver’ committee who provides ongoing, creative activities to connect us with one another as a reminder that it’s ‘this’ moment that really counts.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Annual Giving & Donor Services, the Donor Services Coordinator provides support to the Development & Finance Team and is responsible for donation processing, tax receipting, donor acknowledgements, gift and donor inquiries and monthly financial balancing. Ensures appropriate written procedures are in place and maintained, and that appropriate staff are trained on carrying out the duties. Under the direction of the Associate Director, Annual Giving & Donor Services and Senior Donor Services Coordinator, helps organize and coordinate work and provides guidance to the Donor Services Assistant and volunteers as required.
- Coordinates work and provides guidance on the entry, review and processing of all gifts, pledges and pledge payments.
- Reviews batches and coding prior to committing gifts into donor database. Provides instruction and support to staff on policies and procedures for submitting funds raised (e.g., use of forms, tax receipting).
- Ensures donations are processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains a comprehensive filing system of gift records and supporting information for historical documentation and audit purposes.
- Coordinates and provides guidance on the production of all donation acknowledgements, donor tributes, and tax receipts.
- Re-issues tax receipts and donation acknowledgements, as requested.
- Schedules and coordinates and provides guidance to volunteers to assist in preparing donor acknowledgements and tax receipts for the annual Canucks for Kids Telethon.
- Serves as a liaison to Finance team, assisting with month-end and year-end bank reconciliation between donor database and accounting software.
- Represents Canuck Place Children’s Hospice, as appropriate, in relationships with donors and partners acknowledging contributions and following-up on any inquiries related to gift information and payment processing.
- Provides support for monthly gift processing including the following:
- Maintains gift details, including upgrades for donors in the Monthly Donor Program.
- Coordinates the processing of credit cards and EFT (electronic funds transfer) payments on the 1st and 15th of each month.
- Prepares monthly lists of declined credit cards for follow up.
- Provides support with administration of donor database.
- Assists in developing and maintaining user manual and conducts and ensures all necessary Development staff are properly trained on usage and protocol around donor database.
- Generates standard and ad-hoc reports, builds queries and imports/exports data for direct response programs, events, annual reports and communications.
- Assists or acts as lead on select data projects in donor database, adhering to best practices and contributing to good data hygiene.
- Handles global changes and bulk imports where appropriate.
- Participates in the recruitment and training of the Donor Services Assistant role and volunteers as required.
- Assesses training needs of staff and volunteers to ensure their understanding of database procedures for fundraising initiatives.
- Assumes other related responsibilities, as assigned.
Note: Flexibility is necessary, as this position may require occasional weekend and evening work and travel within and outside the Lower Mainland.
Canuck Place Children’s Hospice hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equality and diversity within its community and to a welcoming and inclusive workplace. We especially welcome applications from Indigenous persons, visible minority group members, persons with disabilities, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Salary Range:$45,000 - $55,000
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of a related 2-year post-secondary diploma program (e.g. business, fundraising, etc.)
- A minimum of 3 years related experience including working with fundraising database software, preferably Raiser’s Edge, strong Microsoft Office skills, web based applications and payment services.
- An equivalent combination of related education and experience will be considered.
- Experience in a non-profit environment is preferred.
What you bring to the role:
- Advanced skills with fundraising database software, preferably Raiser’s Edge or NXT.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, web based applications and payment services.
- Critical thinker, demonstrated accuracy and keen attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage changing priorities and multiple requests simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as a collaborative member of a team.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels and provide a high level of customer service.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally.
- Experience coordinating, training and providing guidance to staff and volunteers.
- Ability to work with a high degree of discretion and confidentiality with regard to donor and other fundraising information.
- Experience with accounting, finance or bookkeeping is an asset.
- Experience with Classy, ImportOmatic or Mailchimp is also an asset.
- High integrity; creativity; balance, good judgment and objectivity; high vision and conceptual capabilities; consultative, facilitate and collaborative; sense of humor.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility that allows you to work with high energy, creative people.
- Able to thrive and effectively manage priorities in a changing, ambiguous environment.
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and your resume at https://www.canuckplace.org/about-us/careers/. We recognize the importance of a diversified workforce, and we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Metis candidates, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates who have been short-listed will be contacted.