Fundraiser - Part Time - Federation of British Columbia Naturalists (BC Nature)
ABOUT BC NATURE:
BC Nature (BCN) is a federation of local naturalist groups and represents more than 50 local nature clubs throughout BC. BCN (legal name, the Federation of British Columbia Naturalists), started life as the BC Nature Council, in February 1963, incorporated under the provincial Societies Act in 1969, some 80 years after the formation of BC’s first volunteer, natural history organizations. BCN’s 51 member and affiliated clubs, represent more than 6,300 people with a deep interest in the natural world.
BC Nature already has in place
- A Development and Communications Plan
- A Case for Support
- Grow to understand our potential donor pool and hold a vital role in planning events and coordinating other activities to encourage donations and help us move toward our goal of helping improve nature.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with processes to
- Determine top fundraising priorities,
- Establish budget,
- Identify program goals,
- Set fundraising target – how much should we raise,
- Develop on-line donor management system,
- Develop handbook on ethical practices,
- Develop donor stewardship processes, maintain complete and orderly records of donors and manage regular donor communications.
- Assist with fund raising:
- Major gift program,
- Develop grants and foundations program and file applications,
- Legacy or planned giving,
- Annual campaign in fall magazine,
- Monthly and recurring donations.
- Research potential donors to gain insight into needs, beliefs and donation habits to understand how to position our organization to them
- Assist in planning and coordinating events meant to raise funds and coordinate activities of volunteers and interns related to event planning and execution
- Create marketing materials, like flyers and brochures, to be used for the promotion of events and other fundraising pushes.
- Analyze the performance of events and other fundraising activities for effectiveness and to identify areas where money can be saved.
Salary Range:$30 - $32
- Certified Fundraising Executive Qualifications (CFRE)
- Knowledge about nonprofit operations in B.C.
- At least one year’s related experience with a non-profit and boards
- Demonstrated evidence of success in this field; ability to write clearly
- Ability to work with and take advice from a variety of staff and volunteers, effective working relationships with others, initiative, (self starter) tact, diplomacy;
- An interest in nature and conservation would be a desirable attribute
TRAINING – PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintains CFRE qualifications
- Develops skills and qualifications in areas where needed
This job is currently 2 days/week: 8 Hours/day.
How To Apply
- There will be an annual Performance Review
- The Program is subject to periodic review with adjustment to focus
BC Nature is actively seeking funding to expand the position to a full-time position
The person holding the position will be
- An Employee with: CPP Benefits and holiday pay
- Or Hired on a contract basis, depending on Canada Revenue Agency requirements
REFERENCES – Please provide two references June 17, 2021- 4:00 pm to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line – Resume for Fundraiser Position
Due to COVID-19 in-person restrictions, please be prepared to participate in a Zoom interview. Only those resumes considered for interview will be contacted.