Development Manager, Vancouver and Vancouver Island - JDRF
Development Manager, Vancouver and Vancouver Island
JDRF is the largest non-profit organization in the world that is exclusively focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D). At JDRF, we realize that a cure is not just a destination but a journey. Our goal is to progressively remove the impact of type 1 diabetes (T1D) from people’s lives and funding research into cures is our #1 priority. While we wait for cures, we also fund ground-breaking research that seeks to improve the lives of people with T1D.
If you are looking to make a substantial impact in the lives of the more than 300,000 Canadians living with T1D, now is the time to join our team at JDRF.
We’re currently seeking a Development Manager to join our BC & Yukon region team. This position will be responsible for driving fundraising revenue for the Vancouver and Vancouver Island regions primarily through the Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF and major gifts program.
In this position, you would have the opportunity to:
- Develop fundraising plans and strategies to meet the Sun Life Walk overall goals, timelines and budgets (including increasing revenue and retention) in partnership with the National Support Office
- Build meaningful connections with donors and volunteers that results in new and diverse revenue streams (i.e. major gifts, events fundraising, planned giving, corporate partnerships) that further JDRF’s mission
- Partner with volunteer leadership to solicit funding and other support from individuals, corporations, foundations and other sources of funding and/or influence.
- Grow and manage a portfolio of major donors ($5,000-$100,000) and prospects through the development of prospect solicitation strategies, proposals, cultivation, and solicitation plans
- Collaborate with the Leadership Giving team to strategically cultivate donors and move them through the JDRF pipeline
- Provide support and strategic direction to a fundraising team, across multiple markets to deliver fundraising results. This includes creating and implementing fundraising strategies, providing training, providing coaching and feedback, and inspiring, motivating and monitoring the staff team to achieve key performance indicators for each role
- Utilize CRM database and systems as directed to manage donor relationships, accurately record interactions, and run reports for planning and executional purposes and to ensure teams’ actions are in line with overall best practices
- Understand JDRF’s core fundraising program KPIs and effectively use JDRF systems to aggressively monitor year over year trends and impact on performance
- Work in partnership with the National Peer-to-Peer Fundraising team to execute a comprehensive Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes program and collaborate closely with the corporate engagement and event experience teams to achieve the overall event objective; participate in or lead internal committees/teams as required
Location: Vancouver area; All JDRF employees are currently working remotely from home due to Covid-19 restrictions and safety precautions and will continue until it is safe to return to the office environment.
Why choose JDRF?
At JDRF, we foster innovation and strive to think differently while working towards our mission in a collaborative, dynamic and positive work environment. Each day, we live our core values of Respect, Understanding and Integrity; Perseverance; Collaboration; Risk Taking and Entrepreneurship; and Efficiency, Effectiveness and Accountability. We prioritize growing our talent from within and strive to provide development opportunities to our team. We also offer a competitive compensation package including (employer paid) group benefits, group RRSP matching program, paid annual vacation, professional development opportunities and flexible working arrangements. Salary and compensation package to be discussed during the initial recruitment phases.
Salary Range:$0 - $0
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you have the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- 5-6 years of progressive fundraising experience, including experience in managing a team and post-secondary education in Business Management, Fundraising or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working on peer-to-peer fundraising events
- Experience with soliciting, cultivating and managing a portfolio of major donors
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a high level of comfort communicating complex information (e.g. JDRF research, goals, etc.) to a wide range of audiences, from high-net worth individuals to corporate partners
- Experience managing budgets in addition to managing volunteer activities
- Ability to positively interact internally as a team member, collaborate will all levels of staff, as well as externally with donors and leadership volunteers
- Strong project management skills, and the ability to act, implement and make sound decisions
- Ability to proactively monitor and adjust activities to respond to changing circumstances and priorities to meet goals, proactively address issues as they arise and mitigate risks associated to events
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, personable and service-oriented
- Ability to work within a tight timeline and prioritize in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Experience with a CRM database; experience working with peer-to-peer fundraising software an asset
- Valid driver’s license required
- Some flexibility to travel throughout the region to attend events and donor meetings (up to 15%, once Covid-19 restrictions lessen) and to attend evening and weekend events
How To Apply
Ready to apply? Please submit your application online by June 9, 2021.
JDRF strives to foster a workplace that reflects the diversity of the community it serves and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. JDRF is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. Please advise if you require any accommodation measures to ensure you will be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.