Associate, Digital and Donor Engagement - Gateway Theatre
Driven by a passion to serve its audiences in bold and innovative ways, Gateway Theatre enriches the quality of life in Richmond and surrounding communities by creating outstanding artistic offerings and by serving as a dynamic hub for the performing arts. To achieve our organizational mission and connect with the changing population of Richmond, we employ staff with eclectic and multifaceted expertise. As a group we take risks, we empower, we go beyond, we listen. We embrace difference as something that challenges our understanding and provokes our growth. So, if you won’t settle for the expected, you have found your crew.
About the Audience and Revenue Development Department:
As part of its strategic direction, Gateway Theatre is investing in a rebranding process that will result in new fundraising and digital campaigns positioning Gateway Theatre with broader audiences and potential new supporters. The fully integrated Audience and Revenue Development Department engages the community through coordinated communications and touchpoints. The Associate, Digital and Donor Engagement position is dedicated to diversifying Gateway’s fundraising reach through digital and social media channels and assisting with ongoing fundraising initiatives.
The Associate, Digital and Donor Engagement is principally responsible for identifying, managing and implementing digital campaigns for fundraising, donor engagement, new donor acquisition and donor retention to expand and diversify the base of support and increase the level of giving for Gateway Theatre.
That includes developing, managing, and implementing digital fundraising initiatives such as e-appeals, online advertising, social media and mobile campaigns, as well as optimizing fundraising through the Gateway Theatre’s website. Through these activities, the Associate, Digital and Donor Engagement collaborates closely with the Marketing team and Marketing Coordinator in particular.
In addition, the Associate, Digital and Donor Engagement assists with the ongoing, more traditional fundraising initiatives such as private foundations grants research, corporate sponsor prospecting, individual donor stewardship and delivering donor acknowledgement events.
Reporting and Supervision:
The Associate, Digital and Donor Engagement will serve as a member of the Audience and Revenue Development team, reporting to the Manager of Strategic Partnerships. This position will work across the Development and Marketing teams to support and enhance all fundraising programs with digital strategy and implementation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead strategy and execution of the Gateway Theatre's digital campaigns for fundraising, donor engagement, and new donor acquisition;
- Work with the Marketing team to ensure digital fundraising aligns with other multichannel fundraising targets and strategies;
- Engage and build social networks and e-mail lists to build strong relationships with donors and promote campaigns;
- Develop, manage and implement digital advertising initiatives that build Gateway Theatre's value-based relationships and drive action;
- Evaluate effectiveness of ongoing digital fundraising campaigns and use insights for continual improvement;
- Identify new fundraising channels (such as crowdfunding and/or peer-to-peer) and suggest strategies that harness these established and emergent fundraising opportunities;
- Research private foundations for grant opportunities, and keep track of upcoming deadlines;
- Assist Manager of Strategic Partnerships in execution of Individual Giving and Corporate Sponsorship initiatives.
Salary Range:$39,000 - $43,000
What Background will you need?
- 3+ years of non-profit fundraising or digital marketing experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the donor cycle across a spectrum of donor segments.
- Familiarity with CRM systems.
- Demonstrated creativity and superior written and oral fundraising/marketing communication skills.
- Experience in developing digital fundraising/marketing content.
- Sound ability to analyze, plan, initiate and complete projects on time.
- Ability to multi-task with exceptional attention to detail while remaining outcome oriented.
- Ability to take initiative in a collaborative or independent setting.
- Advanced computer literacy and social media skills.
What will you bring to the team?
- A results-based, process-oriented focus to enhance Gateway’s fund development program.
- An engaging and skilled approach to working with Gateway leadership, varying levels of staff, consultants, volunteers, and other stakeholders.
- The ability to work with virtual teams and to independently manage your work to completion.
- An honest, open, diplomatic approach when relating to others.
- The willingness and flexibility to learn and tackle new challenges.
- The motivation to have fun, enjoy your work and be part of a team.
- Chinese language skills are an asset.
Note: You may be required to work remotely from home due to COVID-19 until our administration office is reopened. This means you will need access to a computer and reliable Internet access.
How To Apply
Gateway Theatre strives to be an equitable and inclusive workplace. We value an open and diverse community that fosters the inclusion of many different voices. We encourage applications from members of communities that have been marginalized based on sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, or status as an Indigenous person. Please note any required accommodations in your cover letter.
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position to Mirjana Galovich, Director of Audience and Revenue Development, at email@example.com with the subject line “Associate, Digital and Donor Engagement”. Application Deadline: by 5PM, June 8, 2021. We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.