Senior Associate Director, Major Gifts - Simon Fraser University
Union/Affiliation: Administrative and Professional Staff (APSA)
Pay range: $82,458 To $98,466 Annually
SFU Department Description: Advancement & Alumni Engagement
Position Grade: 12
# of openings: 1
Biweekly Hours: 72
The incumbent is responsible for managing relationships with donor prospects determined to have the ability to make special gifts at the $20K to $100K level and managing individual, corporate and foundation prospects at the major gift level ($100K or higher) by developing and implementing strategies for securing financial support from a portfolio of donor prospects including identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding these relationships. The incumbent provides support to and works in partnership with a Faculty or departmental team comprised of professional and academic staff or as a member of the central Advancement team to develop and implement strategies that facilitate and generate maximum support for the Faculty and/or University.
The incumbent must be able to travel and work at both the Burnaby and Surrey campus locations. The role will be based at the Surrey campus but will be required to travel and work at both the Surrey and Burnaby campuses.
Please include your cover letter and resume in one attachment.
Salary Range:$82,458 - $98,466
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline and four years of related fundraising experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and relationship management skills.
- Proficient in the use of word, database, spreadsheet, and presentation applications and prospect management systems.
- Excellent research, solicitation, and cultivation skills.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and analytical reasoning skills.
- Excellent human resource management and teamwork skills.
- Excellent strategic planning skills.
How To Apply
Please apply by June 11, 2021 on SFU's website posting: https://tre.tbe.taleo.net/tre01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=SIMOFRAS&cws=37&rid=2819