Marketing Communications Specialist - Rick Hansen Foundation
Business Unit: Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Manager, Marketing and Communications
Status: Full-time, Term
Term: June, 2021 – March, 2022 with the possibility of extension
Location: RHF Office in Richmond, BC, Remote or Hybrid
Founded on the legacy of Rick Hansen’s Man In Motion World Tour, the Rick Hansen Foundation (RHF) is a Canadian registered charity with the vision of creating a fully inclusive and accessible world where people with disabilities are living to their full potential. Through our programs and partnerships, we break down barriers for people with disabilities by changing attitudes, creating accessible spaces and inspiring an inclusive society.
RHF is a dynamic, challenging and rewarding place to work. Our success begins with our people. We are committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. If you are interested in being a part of our innovative team and are passionate about making a difference, we hope that you will consider a career with us.
Preference will be given to applicants who are persons with disabilities, and we highly encourage persons with disabilities who are qualified candidates to apply (our office space is fully accessible to people of all abilities). If this applies to you, we invite you to disclose your disability in your cover letter.
The Marketing Communications Specialist is responsible for supporting the work of the Marketing and Communications (MarComm) team including the development and execution of both internal and external communication in support of the Rick Hansen Foundation (RHF) and its programs and initiatives.
Through a variety of paid, earned and owned communication channels, this position helps to educate Canadians on the importance of improved accessibility and engage them in the movement to remove barriers and liberate the potential of people with disabilities.
Reporting to the Manager, MarComm, the MarComm Specialist works closely with the MarComm team. The Specialist also works with Foundation staff across various business units to support business and communication objectives.
ALL STAFF: KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
As an integral member of the RHF team and as expected of all staff, this position actively participates with:
- Organizational Culture
- Contributes in regular sessions, develops goals, supports and implements action plans.
- Supports the development and project management of impactful communications materials in various channels;
- Responsible for the creation, deployment and results reporting of emails to various Foundation stakeholders, including distribution and list management;
- Creates content for Foundation social media channels and supports in social scheduling, analytics reporting and recommendations;
- Updates the Foundation website as required, and creates website analytics reports;
- Ensures Foundation communications are accessible including open captioning, described video, ASL/LSQ, pdf remediation etc.;
- Responsible for the development and execution of the internal RHF In Motion e-newsletter and provides communication assets and templates for RHF staff;
- Develops project workback schedules and budgets;
- Supports ongoing communication between the MarComm team and other departments within the Foundation;
- Oversees the general Foundation email box and provides timely responses or forwards to appropriate team members;
- Conducts market research as required including target market insights, best practices and emerging trends, environment scans;
- Attends and contributes to MarComm team meetings and brainstorms; and
- Performs other related duties in keeping with the purpose and accountabilities of the job.
Salary Range:$0 - $0
Education: Post-secondary education in the field of Marketing and Communications or a combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience contributing to the development, production and execution of successful marketing communications projects;
- Experience with or a strong understanding of email marketing preferred;
- Experience working for a non-profit an asset;
- Computer experience working with MS Office including an intermediate level with PowerPoint, Word and Excel;
- Experience working with email marketing software such as Pardot an asset;
- Experience working with website CMS and Google Analytics an asset; and
- Knowledge of issues related to people with disabilities an asset.
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships with staff and other stakeholders;
- Ability to multi-task various projects with a keen attention to detail;
- Ability to effectively manage and deliver on high priority and time sensitive deadlines;
- High degree of professionalism;
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment; and
- Ability to demonstrate a strict adherence to maintaining confidentiality and privacy.
An equivalent combination of education, experience and skills/behaviours will be considered.
How To Apply
If you are interested in being a part of our innovative team and are passionate about making a difference, we hope that you will consider a career with us. Interested and qualified candidates can apply quoting competition #2021-08 by June 1, 2021 and by clicking on the link - https://rickhansenfoundation.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=110. While we thank all applications for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.