Manager, Community Giving - Rick Hansen Foundation
Business Unit: Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Director, Marketing
Status: Full-time, Ongoing
Start Date: July, 2021
Location: RHF Office in Richmond, BC (temporarily remote)
Founded on the legacy of Rick Hansen’s Man In Motion World Tour, the Rick Hansen Foundation (RHF) is a Canadian registered charity with the vision of creating a fully inclusive and accessible world where people with disabilities are living to their full potential. Through our programs and partnerships, we break down barriers for people with disabilities by changing attitudes, creating accessible spaces and inspiring an inclusive society.
RHF is a dynamic, challenging and rewarding place to work. Our success begins with our people. We are committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. If you are interested in being a part of our innovative team and are passionate about making a difference, we hope that you will consider a career with us.
Preference will be given to applicants who are persons with disabilities, and we highly encourage persons with disabilities who are qualified candidates to apply (our office space is fully accessible to people of all abilities). If this applies to you, we invite you to disclose your disability in your cover letter.
The Manager, Community Giving is responsible for managing the Community Giving (CG) program at the Rick Hansen Foundation (RHF). The Manager, CG works closely with the RHF team and external consultants as necessary on planning and implementing the strategic, creative and tactical initiatives for successful fundraising and community donor cycle outcomes.
This position helps build and maintain the RHF community donor base, grow revenue, and integrate awareness and engagement tools to support annual donor identification, renewal, acquisition and referral of donors to Major Gifts.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing, the Manager, CG manages 2 part-time Coordinators.
The Manager, CG, works closely with the Marketing and Communications, Resource Development and Finance teams. This position also works across all RHF business units on initiatives that support the acquisition, cultivation and retention of community donors.
The CG Program will transition to Resource Development (date tbc). After the transition, the Manager, CG will report to the Director, RD.
ALL STAFF: KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
As an integral member of the RHF team and as expected of all staff, this position actively participates with:
- Organizational Culture
- Contributes in regular sessions, develops goals, supports and implements action plans.
- Works to develop strategies, tactics and synergies that maximize revenue and build community awareness;
- Implements activities outlined in strategic and fiscal plans for maximum revenue and community donor growth with a focus on prospecting, fundraising, engagement, and retention of donors/supporters, and ROI;
- Helps design and test strategies and tactics through multiple channels to grow revenue with existing donor/supporter base and identify prospective supporters;
- Implements fundraising and engagement activities through integrated offline and online channels;
- Segments community donor data for planning and reporting purposes including list pulls for direct mailings;
- Supports donor and community fundraising events, when required;
- Provides results and analysis reports for campaigns and initiatives;
- Supports bequests and planned gifts; and
- Assists with CG budget and projections.
Oversees Donations Administration:
- Oversees donor services phone and e-mail communication with support from the PT Coordinators;
- Develop, implements and maintains donation processing procedures to ensure proper collection, receipting and tracking of all donations;
- Responsible for the timely donation entry and tax receipting in accordance with CRA and Privacy policies with support from the Donations Administrator;
- Responsible for the entry of Community Giving and Donor data in Salesforce and ensuring the data is clean, accurate, and current; and
- Provides reports and prepares monthly donation reconciliations for Finance.
- Performs other related duties in keeping with the purpose and accountabilities of the job.
Salary Range:$0 - $0
Education: Post-secondary degree/diploma in a relevant discipline, including courses in Fundraising Management, Public Administration, Business Administration/Commerce, Marketing and/or Communications.
Certification/Designations: CFRE designation an asset.
- Minimum 7 years of related experience in annual giving and/or community fundraising with multi-channel, integrated campaigns;
- Experience developing content for various donor engagement communications;
- Experience with email marketing strategy and execution is an asset;
- Computer experience working with MS Office and Salesforce or comparable CRM system required;
- Thorough understanding of donor and market segmentation and its applications;
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising principles and strategies;
- Knowledge of CRA guidelines;
- Knowledge of CASL and other regulations; and
- Knowledge of issues related to people with disabilities is an asset.
- Proven ability to develop credibility and effective working relationships with staff and other stakeholders or partners, as well as the ability to deal with high priority and time sensitive deadlines;
- Strategic thinker with an ability to execute;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Effective oral and written communication, interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills;
- Political sensitivity with a strong understanding of the political environment and a good sense of emerging issues and their potential impact on strategy;
- Proven skill with proactively finding efficiencies, identifying issues and bringing forward ideas and solutions to increase revenue and better service for donors;
- High degree of professionalism, flexibility and adaptability;
- Strict adherence to maintaining confidentiality and privacy; and
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
An equivalent combination of education, experience and skills/behaviours will be considered.
How To Apply
If you are interested in being a part of our innovative team and are passionate about making a difference, we hope that you will consider a career with us.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply quoting competition #2021-07 by May 31, 2021 by clicking on the link - https://rickhansenfoundation.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=108. While we thank all applications for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.