Director, Resource Development - Rick Hansen Foundation
Business Unit: Resource Development
Reports to: VP, Resource Development
Status: Full-time, Ongoing
Start Date: July, 2021
Location: RHF Office in Richmond, BC (Temporarily remote)
Founded on the legacy of Rick Hansen’s Man In Motion World Tour, the Rick Hansen Foundation (RHF) is a Canadian registered charity with the vision of creating a fully inclusive and accessible world where people with disabilities are living to their full potential. Through our programs and partnerships, we break down barriers for people with disabilities by changing attitudes, creating accessible spaces and inspiring an inclusive society.
RHF is a dynamic, challenging and rewarding place to work. Our success begins with our people. We are committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. If you are interested in being a part of our innovative team and are passionate about making a difference, we hope that you will consider a career with us.
Preference will be given to applicants who are persons with disabilities, and we highly encourage persons with disabilities who are qualified candidates to apply (our office space is fully accessible to people of all abilities). If this applies to you, we invite you to disclose your disability in your cover letter.
The Director, Resource Development (RD), is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the RD team, ensuring all philanthropic fundraising strategies are internally and externally synergistic and maximizing revenue and ROI for the Rick Hansen Foundation (RHF), inclusive of building community awareness.
The Director, RD leads a select number of current and future major gift relationships and is responsible for activities in their own major gifts portfolio. In addition, this position will serve as the Campaign Director for RHF’s intended National Major Gift “Everyone Everywhere” Campaign.
Reporting to the VP, RD, the Director, VP, manages the Major Gifts Officer (Toronto); Manager, Major Gifts; Manager, Community Giving; and consultants, as required. The Director, RD, will receive some administrative support from the Sr. Executive Coordinator, RD.
The Director, RD, works closely with Marketing & Communications (MarComm) to support the fundraising efforts of the RD team. In addition, this position works closely with the Finance and the Operations teams.
ALL STAFF: KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
As an integral member of the RHF team and as expected of all staff, this position actively participates with:
- Organizational Culture
- Contributes in regular sessions, develops goals, supports and implements action plans.
- Responsible for operationalizing the RD strategic plan and leading the team to carry out their annual goals;
- Serves as a member of the Strategy Team, participates in quarterly strategic reviews and leads on the preparation of monthly dashboard reports for management and the Board of Directors;
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the RHF fundraising case for support, case materials and fundraising proposals for major gift prospects;
- Responsible for a number of relationships with select major gift prospects and facilitating them through the cultivation, solicitation, recognition and stewardship cycle;
- Provides leadership to the Major Gifts team on all donor activities including prospect identification, prospect research, fundraising strategy, moves management, solicitation, recognition and stewardship activities;
- As Campaign Director, supports the VP, RD in the engagement, organization and activation of volunteer leadership to support the proposed National Major Gift Campaign (i.e. Campaign Cabinet, Fundraising Advisory Committee, RHF Board of Directors and Committee members);
- Participates in analysis and evaluation of activities in own portfolio on a regular basis and develop corrective strategies and goals as needed;
- Manages a comprehensive recognition and stewardship program in collaboration with other RHF teams;
- Responsible for plans, budgets, timelines, and reports;
- Provides leadership to the Manager, Community Giving to develop and coordinate the Community Giving’s sub-strategic plan, activities and communications to maximize growth;
- Works closely with the Director, Marketing, to ensure coordination and alignment of the MarComm strategic plan, activities and communications with the goals and objective of the RD strategic plan;
- Works closely with the Director, Marketing, to ensure the creation and maintenance of key messaging and communications is continuously aligned with the overall RHF strategic plan;
- Works closely with the MarComm team on the coordination of RHF’s public engagement platform to ensure it serves the goals of RD and builds community awareness related to RHF brand and program impact; and
- Perform other duties as related to the qualifications and requirements of the position.
Salary Range:$0 - $0
Education: University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related discipline.
- Minimum 8 years of experience at progressive levels of responsibility, with 3 years at the senior management level, or an equivalent combination of experience and education in a related discipline;
- Minimum 6 years of senior and proven fundraising experience in the development and implementation of successful Major Gifts and Community Giving programs;
- Demonstrated experience effectively leading, engaging and managing teams, strategic and operational planning, managing budgets, case development and prospect management;
- Accomplished fundraiser with experience in all areas of philanthropy;
- Experience in estate administration and solid understanding and knowledge of CRA guidelines in accordance with fundraising;
- Experience developing and maintaining long-term business relationships;
- Sound knowledge of fundraising, donor cycle strategies and communications;
- Computer experience required, including proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Experience with CRM i.e. Salesforce is an asset;
- Understanding of the complexities in a multifaceted philanthropic environment; and
- Understanding of issues relating to people with disabilities an asset.
- Effective oral communication with the ability to communicate and engage effectively and tactfully with others;
- Effective written communication and the ability to compose clear, concise business correspondence;
- Effective leadership skills and proven ability to coach, motivate and manage staff;
- Effective interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong strategic planning, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work in a flexible, fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work well under pressure of competing priorities and meet critical deadlines;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; and
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player.
An equivalent combination of education, experience and skills/behaviours will be considered.
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in being a part of our innovative team and are passionate about making a difference, we hope that you will consider a career with us.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply quoting competition #2021-05 by June 7, 2021 by clicking on the link - https://rickhansenfoundation.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=106. While we thank all applications for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.