Marketing and Communications Coordinator - The Bloom Group
As a key member of the Development and Communications department, the Marketing and Communications Co-ordinator assists the organization in reaching its resource development, marketing and communications goals and objectives, elevating our brand profile and building sound donor relationships to sustain and grow the organization and our impact in the community. This is a full-time position that reports directly to the Director of Development and Communications.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Digital engagement: Create and manage a social media and website presence and leverage online opportunities to provide a greater engagement for our work.
- Writing & editing: Assist in the preparation and editing of newsletters, annual reports, marketing collateral, web content, statements, speeches, presentations, media releases, briefs and proposals as required for the purposes of fundraising or general marketing and communications.
- Marketing: Update and maintain marketing materials to ensure continuity of the brand voice. Prepare event marketing materials.
- Design & layout: Design or oversee the design of marketing collateral pieces, including brochures, annual reports, newsletters, direct mail pieces, advertisements etc.
- Media relations: Identify, build and manage relationships with print, radio, television, and online reporters and bloggers; respond to media inquiries as required.
- Donor relations: Advance relationship building with donors by undertaking stewardship and cultivation activities.
- Strategic plan: Implement other aspects of the agency’s marketing and communication plans in collaboration with the Director of Development and Communications.
- Finance management: Assist with financial integration between Development and Finance, provide fundraising revenue reports and manage expenditures.
- Administration: Assist in the maintenance of records in Raiser’s Edge software.
- This is an in-office position with flexible, work-from-home options. The successful candidate will work from home until physical distancing measures are lifted.
- We offer an excellent benefits package including employee insurance (medical, dental, life, accident and long-term disability, MSP).
- We offer a welcoming, team-based office culture in a location that is accessible by transit.
- This is an excluded (non-unionized), permanent, full-time position.
Salary Range:$56,000 - $63,000
EDUCATION/PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Two years (minimum) experience as a marketing and/or communications professional
- A degree from a reputable education institution with a focus in communications, marketing, public relations, or other relevant discipline
- Experience working in the social service/charitable sector an asset
- Membership in a Professional Fundraising Association such as AFP (Association of Fundraising Professionals) would be an asset.
If you are:
- A wordsmith with a creative flare and a good sense of design principles
- A go-getter who takes initiative while remaining flexible and adaptive
- A problem solver who is driven to get to the root of the issue and offer creative solutions
- A naturally curious person with the nose of an investigative reporter to sniff out the story
- A person who attends to the details while keeping an eye on the big picture
- Passionate about helping the marginalized and advancing social justice
Then we want to hear from you!
The following skills are also important:
- Strong social media skills.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to multi-task and work under competing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders including: board members, program staff, volunteers, donors, and clients; sensitivity to working with people from diverse and vulnerable communities.
- Ability to handle confidential material with discretion.
- Experience managing external relationships with printers, web designers, writers, photographers, graphic designers, and other suppliers.
- Strong computer literacy skills – particularly with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, WordPress, Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite. Raiser’s Edge an asset.
- Flexibility with work schedule. Some evening work may be required for special events and committee meetings.
- Ability to work with and empathize with people suffering from abuse, poverty, family violence, cross-cultural issues, misuse (addictions) and other life-limiting illnesses, mental illness, and the grief process.
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and cv to: email@example.com
Please include in subject line: Marketing and Communications Coordinator