Advancement Officer - Camosun College
The position of Advancement Officer is a central part of a dynamic Camosun College Foundation team within the Vice-President, Partnerships division.
The primary responsibility of the position is to make essential contributions to the ongoing success of a fully integrated fund development program through fund solicitation, major and planned gift programs and annual and capital campaigns, working closely with other members of the development team and involving other members of the College community. The Foundation has a current portfolio asset value of over $15M, generates between $2- $2.5M in gifts annually and has an active donor base of over 4000 individual, corporate, service organizations and foundation donors.
Emphasis in the position is placed on fund solicitation, building and implementing strategies that cultivate relationships with both current and new individual, corporate and foundation donors, working with other members of the team in support of College priorities; enhancing awareness of and support for Camosun College and the Foundation; and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the tax and legal aspects of charitable gifts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
In cooperation with the other members of the Foundation team:
- Develop and deliver on plans to support the annual fundraising needs of the College and of a portfolio of client College Schools/departments;
- Develop and produce cases for support, letters of inquiry and proposals and contribute to other communication strategies and communications to increase awareness of the College and its case for support;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of donor stewardship, cultivation and recognition plans;
- Contribute to events planning and implementation that attract new donors, cultivate and recognize current donors and increase awareness of the College and our case for support;
- Maintain a current knowledge of tax and other regulatory issues related to charitable status and charitable giving.
Salary Range:$60,335 - $80,477
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in fundraising along with a proven track record in generating major gifts in the five-figure range;
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in related area;
- Member in good standing of Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP);
- CFRE designation an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Personal integrity and a strong work ethic;
- Highly motivated, well organized, energetic and goal-oriented;
- Exceptional communication skills including proposal writing;
- Strategic, critical and analytical thinker in planning, implementing and monitoring all elements of fundraising;
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic team environment and in cooperation with staff, volunteers, donors and the general public;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Computer literacy is essential and familiarity with Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge software would be a definite asset.
How To Apply
For jobs details and to apply please follow the link: https://camosun.peopleadmin.ca/postings/2975