Philanthropy Associate - Victoria Hospitals Foundation
Do you want to be part of a team that is changing the health of our lower Vancouver Island communities? Victoria Hospitals Foundation may be your next opportunity!
The Victoria Hospitals Foundation (VHF) works in partnership with Island Health to enable donations to every area of care at Royal Jubilee, Victoria General, and Gorge Road hospitals. As Island Health’s charitable partner, we raise donations for medical equipment, special projects, education and research. VHF has raised more than $150M since 1989, and our donors fund an incredible 40% of the equipment in our hospitals. With a dedicated staff and strong community connections, VHF continues to rise to the challenge!
The Victoria Hospitals Foundation is currently searching for an experienced fundraising professional to join us in the role of Philanthropy Associate.
Reporting to the Manager of Philanthropy, the Philanthropy Associate will be responsible for cultivating, soliciting and stewarding a portfolio of donors and prospects. They will develop customized engagement and solicitation strategies for both individuals and corporations and be responsible for growing existing relationships and acquiring new ones. The Philanthropy Associate will be held accountable for team KPI’s, as well as team fundraising and stewardship objectives. This role will be responsible for building and managing ongoing relationships with donors with a goal of securing current and future gifts.
This position requires the ability to work from home, a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
We are a highly collaborative team with a purpose and dynamic culture! We are passionate about supporting the health and well-being of our community through advancing healthcare through philanthropy. Our team is innovative and approaches feedback as an opportunity to learn and grow, seeking understanding of different perspectives. We lead by example and hold ourselves to a high standard of professionalism.
Salary Range:$58,000 - $70,000
- Working collaboratively with the Foundation team, ensure the Foundation’s philanthropy donors and prospects are engaged, cultivated, solicited, recognized and stewarded in a timely, personalized and meaningful way that is consistent with the our donor policies.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit prospects and donors to the Foundation.
- Support a pipeline of prospects and donors, both individuals and corporations.
- Understand and be able to speak to legacy giving and planned giving options.
- Identify opportunities for prospect engagement and philanthropy.
- Build relationships with all donors and prospects in person, over the phone and email and via written correspondence.
- Serve as a representative of the Victoria Hospitals Foundation. Establish and maintain professional and productive relationships with volunteers, physicians, and Island Health staff in the pursuit of private gifts.
- Be an active leader of the Foundation, enhancing the knowledge base and collaboration within the Philanthropy and Development teams.
- Support Philanthropy team to write strong solicitation letters as needed for individual and corporate donors to support the Foundation’s annual giving program.
- Using donor-centric language, write impact reports and stewardship letters for donor pipeline with the support of Philanthropy Coordinators.
- Attend community networking events as a VHF representative.
- Evaluate the fundraising potential for major gifts in consultation with the Philanthropy, Legacy & Leadership and Research teams.
- Be accountable for achieving goals and budget projections.
- Post-secondary education in a discipline related or transferable to the duties of the position; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a fundraising role, ideally managing a philanthropy portfolio in a major gifts setting.
- Experience or significant interest in working in a professional healthcare setting.
- Experience or significant interest in advancing healthcare through philanthropy.
- Exceptional donor relationship management experience that has led to transformational gifts.
- Demonstrated understanding of relationship fundraising and donor relations.
- Proven excellence in copy, editorial, and creative writing.
- Passionate about community causes and volunteerism.
- Experience using Raisers Edge NXT (or similar donor database).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including interpersonal and persuasive communication.
- Self-motivated with experience in fast-paced working environments.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a detailed cover letter and resume in confidence by 5:00 pm, on Sunday April 11th, 2021 to VHFHR@viha.ca.
Please include “#21-04A2, Philanthropy Associate” in the subject line.