Development Manager - Bill Reid Gallery of Northwest Coast Art
The mandate of the Bill Reid Gallery of Northwest Coast Art is to celebrate the vital and diverse Indigenous cultures of the Northwest Coast through the extraordinary work of Bill Reid and the presentation of exceptional contemporary art. We respectfully acknowledge the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and səl’il’wətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), and all the Indigenous peoples of the Northwest Coast, on whose traditional and unceded territories we live and work.
The Gallery is seeking a Development Manager to play a key role in driving revenue to support the Bill Reid Gallery’s operations and programs. Reporting to the Director and CEO, the Manager plans and executes fundraising campaigns and applications for all methods of fundraising, including grants, sponsorships, individual donations, and donor events.
The Development Manager will work 4 days per week (0.8 FTE), with additional hours for Gallery events as required. The successful candidate will be eligible for enrolment in a group benefits plan.
The successful candidate will have 3-4 years of experience in fundraising with an ability to collaborate with various departments within the Gallery as well as the Board of Directors.
Specific duties include:
- In collaboration with the Director and CEO, develop annual fundraising budget and work plan
- Lead or support stages of the fundraising cycle for individual, foundation, government, and corporate donors (research, identification, engagement, cultivation, solicitation, and recognition).
- Plan and organize annual fundraising event including ticket sales, sponsorship management, organizing auction items, and event logistics
- Manage a mid-level giving program and coordinate 2-3 yearly donor receptions
- Seek and activate corporate partnerships; prepare and fulfill comprehensive and tailored corporate sponsorship recognition/benefits
- Work with Marketing Specialist to oversee creation of donor and sponsor-related materials such as donor event invitations, recognition materials and brochures
- Support Development Committee by preparing agendas and action items. Ensure all lead volunteers or staff have the necessary information to approach potential donors by preparing letters/materials as required.
- Support Board volunteers and Director and CEO in planned giving as required
- Write donor related thank you letters, newsletters and email appeals
- Issue charitable tax receipts in accordance with CRA guidelines and regulations
- Maintain records for donations, grants, and other funding streams in database (DonorPerfect)
- Build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the Bill Reid Gallery’s mission and fundraising goals
Salary Range:$44,000 - $46,000
- Post-secondary degree in a related field or equivalent of experience and formal training
- 3-4 years of experience in fundraising for a registered charity or non-profit
- Experience with planning and execution of fundraising events
- Experience writing successful grant applications
- Ability to take initiative and work effectively both independently and as part of a team;
- Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Office; experience with database entry
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work evenings as required for fundraising events
- Experience with fundraising software an asset
How To Apply
Please forward applications by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your resume and a cover letter. Applications will be accepted until April 18, 2021
Indigenous peoples are strongly encouraged to apply. Candidates will be chosen on the basis of their skill level and ability; therefore we welcome all applicants regardless of race, gender or disability.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.