Senior Manager Major Gifts, Relationships & Philanthropy - Up With Women / Exponenti'elles
Posted On: 2021-03-25
Closing On: 2021-04-16
Location: Toronto/ Calgary/ Vancouver
Effective: as soon as we find someone we love. :)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Up With Women / Exponenti'elles is a national charity dedicated to helping recently homeless and at-risk women and non-binary folks to build a sustainable pathway out of poverty. Currently serving in 4 provinces (British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec), Up With Women/Exponenti’elles is committed to serving our clients in the official language of their choice, anywhere within our service areas.
If you share our passion for gender equity and poverty reduction, and thrive in a collaborative, values-based culture where creativity and innovation are rewarded, please consider applying for this role.
Salary Range: $75,000 - $90,000 based on experience.
About the Position
Reporting to the CEO, the Senior Manager Major Gifts, Relationships & Philanthropy is responsible for designing and implementing the strategy for major gifts including corporate partnerships, foundation giving, individual major donors (gifts over $10,000), and planned giving. This role will personally manage the corporate partnerships, foundation giving and individual major donor portfolios (donors and prospects), manage one staff member, write proposals, engage and support senior staff and volunteers, and work closely with the Programs, Communications and Finance departments. This position is responsible for developing and growing individual, foundation, and corporate partnership revenue through a variety of strategic channels including donations, grants, cause marketing, employee engagement and sponsorship in alignment with Up With Women’s fundraising and outreach strategies.
This opportunity suits an energized, passionate and experienced fundraising professional to support our relational fundraising portfolios to build donor engagement and investment in the important work we do nationally. Your track record, insights, innovation and passion for building strong giving relationships will help shape the fundraising team’s direction and support them in securing funds to achieve our mission.
The Senior Manager will be accountable for meeting individual revenue targets by working to align the interests of the donors with the needs of UWW and the direction of the board, maximizing major gift opportunities to align with the strategic plan.
- Prepare strategic and annual plans for the relational fundraising portfolios – middle and major gifts and planned giving programs – and have primary responsibility for delivery of these portfolio plans; work with relational fundraising portfolios to develop and manage their revenue and expense budgets.
- Develop a strategy to increase major gift revenue, and develop effective immediate strategies to increase revenue from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Develop targeted pitches to maximize partnerships and secure long-term, multi-year engagement with existing corporate partners, focusing on unrestricted revenue.
- Research and identify new corporate prospects (e.g., cause marketing, CSR, sponsorships, and employee engagement).
- Work collaboratively across all departments to develop partnerships that increase brand recognition, digital and social media reach, thought leadership profile and donor and volunteer engagement.
- Develop and oversee the donor journey and stewardship strategy for all relational fundraising portfolios.
- Collaborate with the Programs team to develop project inventory and fundraising offers, develop capacity-building skills for the fundraising team in this area, and present offers to assigned potential and current donors highlighting our work in Canada.
- Oversee funding proposals and donor reports as required with support from the broader team.
- Evaluate the suitability of potential partners against UWW’s gift acceptance policy.
- Conduct trend analysis for all relational fundraising portfolios.
- Maintain effective and organized tracking systems, reporting, and donor and prospect files.
- Embrace and enact UWW organizational values.
Salary Range:$75,000 - $90,000
Knowledge and Experience Requirements
- 5-9 years of professional fundraising experience.
- Strong understanding of fundraising principles, major gifts and the importance of donor relationship building. Excellent knowledge of pipeline management, multiple giving streams, philanthropic, foundation, corporate social responsibility, individual giving strategies, employee giving, cause marketing and best practices.
- Expertise with fundraising databases (ideally Salesforce) to maximize donor retention and revenue.
- Ability to write effective proposals and communication pieces for qualified prospects and existing donors. You should be a strong fundraising generalist and a strategist with a proven track record in personally soliciting and closing major gifts in the $10k to $500k range. Able to effectively meet and build relationships with a wide range of major gift donors and high net-worth individuals. Astute, professional and able to take donors through the full donor journey/cycle.
- Sound knowledge of the Canadian not-for-profit sector and a social justice orientation.
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative, responsiveness, creativity, engagement, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Solid communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel locally and within Canada.
- Fluency in French and English is an asset.
- CFRE certification is an asset.
How To Apply
Interested? Please submit your C.V. and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by April 16, 2021. Please indicate the name of the position in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Up With Women/Exponenti’elles hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to achieving full accessibility for persons with disabilities by arranging for any necessary accommodation.