Development Manager, Major Gifts - St. Paul's Foundation
St. Paul’s Foundation welcomes applications for a Development Manager to join our Major Gifts team and contribute to our foundation and grants portfolio.
We are seeking an energetic collaborator with a keen understanding of the foundation and grant landscape that funds Canadian health initiatives.
As the successful candidate, you have strong storytelling and grant-writing skills; you’re talented at juggling multiple projects and deadlines; and you’re inspired to succeed. Together, we will focus on connecting with prospective donors to explore how their generosity will make a positive impact today and as we embark on major capital projects.
We will look to you to cultivate relationships with donors who have the capacity to make annual gifts at the $10,000+ level; oversee the stewardship of major donors; and play a key role in building relationships between the Foundation and Providence Health Care’s physicians, leadership teams, and research centres.
You will have honed these skills with at least 5 years of related experience in a fundraising organization – ideally in a hospital setting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet or exceed fundraising targets by developing, executing, and managing strategic fundraising plans in a donor portfolio of 75-100 constituents.
- Write grant applications, proposals, and cases for support that clearly explain the investment opportunities available to prospective donors; draft gift agreements and terms of reference.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, close, and upgrade donors; create a pipeline to transition donors from annual giving to major gifts to planned giving.
- Manage a medical portfolio and become a product-knowledge resource for colleagues and donors.
- Collaborate with other Foundation teams to recognize and steward donors; organize cultivation and stewardship activities including recognition events and tours.
- Play an active role on the Foundation’s Enhanced Patient Care grant committee and manage the annual call for applications.
- Use Blackbaud NXT to track and qualify prospects; record and report gifts; ensure all communications, contacts, and actions are documented.
- Participate in annual business planning activities and provide regular progress reports to senior management.
- Stay abreast of trends in charitable giving, the tax implications of charitable gifts, and changing legislation.
Salary Range:Commensurate with Experience, plus a pension plan and a generous benefit package
- Completion of a post-secondary degree and/or equivalent experience and a proven track record of fundraising success.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and analytical abilities; vigorous attention to detail; exceptional time- and organizational-management.
- Superior interpersonal skills to engage, motivate, and leverage internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly computer-literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience with Raiser’s Edge and Blackbaud NXT.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Available to work occasional weekend and evening hours.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive material with discretion.
- Ethical behaviour, consistent with the mission and values of St. Paul’s Foundation.
How To Apply
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to SPFCareers@providencehealth.bc.ca by 5pm on February 3rd, 2021 quoting Job Code: 213002.
Thank you for your interest in working with St. Paul’s Foundation. Only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted.