Annual Giving Officer - The Salvation Army
About The Salavation Army and Job Description:
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Salvation Army is the largest non-government social services provider in Canada. Serving with meaning and purpose in over 400 communities across Canada.
Under the direction of the Divisional Director, Development (DDD), the Annual Giving Officer is responsible for developing, planning, executing, and evaluating a comprehensive Annual Giving Program for The Salvation Army BC Divisional Headquarters.
He/she maintains computerized donor database system; develops and prepares a variety of database reports; responds to donor inquiries; provides a variety of administrative and logistical support to the development team; and supports marketing and communications with direct mail production and data maintenance.
Key Responsibilties include:
- Develops and implements annual giving strategy with Divisional Director of Development to ensure revenue targets are met.
- Develop and implement new strategies and tactics to grow Monthly Giving - deliver targeted ask strategies for different segments of annual donors, including preparing scripts, collateral and supplementary materials for conversions, renewals, and upgrades.
- Manage and implement stewardship activities for annual and monthly donors, including gift acknowledgment, event invitations, accountability/reporting, and stewardship.
- Establishes fundraising goals, objectives, analysis, and stewardship for each element of the Annual Giving Program.
- Actively manage a portfolio of 50-75 mid-level donors ($500 to $5,000) through cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship - with a focus on moves-management - to increase annual gifts, including making recommendations for movement of assigned donors to major gift prospect.
- Continuously reviews annual donors and analyzes data regarding annual giving programs to identify past giving trends and plan for future segmentation.
- Oversee all online giving platforms at the Divisional Level.
- Working alongside the Corporate Development Officer to facilitate corporate fundraising opportunities, such as: golf tournaments, silent auctions, and other third-party events.
- Monitors events/campaigns and implements contingency plans as required.
- Serve as a specialist resource for Ministry Units across the province.
- Oversees appeal campaigns during crisis or disaster situations.
- Collaborates with Public Relations team to leverage the annual marketing and communications efforts. (advertising, publications, social media, and other online vehicles) to increase annual gifts.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of Divisional Headquarters programs and organizational priorities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment in annual fund development and implementation, knowledge of fundraising principles and techniques.
- Ability to work well in an extremely fast-paced, ever-changing environment, and manage multiple projects, with competing demands while maintaining a commitment to excellence.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a specific ability to create donor solicitations, acknowledgements, and stewardship pieces such as reports and donor profiles.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to form personal relationships and to communicate effectively to a variety of stakeholders (i.e. donors, sponsors, and volunteers), both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to integrate social media and electronic communications into fundraising communications and campaigns.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, and have strong critical thinking skills, with a proven ability to work independently.
- Ability to travel as needed to perform job duties.
- Understanding and respectful of diversity in a team-oriented culture.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule for events scheduled on evenings and weekends.
- Must be a self-starter with imagination and creativity.
- Raisers Edge experience a definite asset
Prerequisities before hiring:
- Background check consent
- A clear vulnerable sector screening
- A clean drivers abstract
- Completion of our online Armatus Abuse Training and required Health and Safety training
Work type and hours:
- Full time
- 37.5 hours per week
How To Apply
Interested candidates may send their resume addressed to Kim Findlay along with a cover letter and quote "Annual Giving Officer".
Fax or E-mail: BCHR@salvationarmy.ca