Administrator, Database & Donor Relations, Advancement - Crofton House School
Exciting Opportunity for an Outstanding Administrator
Administrator, Database & Donor Relations, Advancement
Full-time Continuing Contract
At Crofton House School, we inspire girls to discover and pursue their personal excellence from the first day of Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12 and beyond.
Bound by a belief in the power of all-girls education, Crofton House School fosters a strong sense of community among educators, staff, students and families. Here, everyone can contribute to the strength of our learning community - including you.
Crofton House is welcoming applications for a strong senior Database Administrator with donor relations experience to join the team. The Administrator is a key position within the Advancement Department. The person in this role is responsible for the database and financial management of all fundraising initiatives such as creating all financial reports and reconciling them with the school’s Finance Department. The primary responsibilities include managing the entire gift process and receipting in accordance with CRA guidelines, assisting with annual budget planning, tracking and analyzing giving trends/responses. The person in this position is also responsible for managing donor listings and appropriate stewardship.
This is a position that requires a high level of proficiency in Raiser’s Edge and RE-NXT in order to produce complex reports in support of the department’s activities.
The Administrator is also directly involved in the donors’ stewardship program. Additionally, the Administrator manages all donors’ meeting, acknowledgement, recognition, communications with past, current parents, alumnae and funders, to enhance their relationship with CHS and increase the likelihood of continued contributions. This includes supporting the CHS Foundation from an administrative point of view.
Database and Financial Management
- Responsible for the administration, maintenance, integrity and accuracy of Raiser Edge and RE-NXT
- Responsible for the data management (importing and exporting) including general data entry, queries and reports, dashboards and data for various initiatives such as annual appeals, events and special communications
- Maintain accurate constituent records including Alumnae via Crofton Connect, and all RE/NXT integration applications
- Generate fundraising reports (including reports for CAIS benchmark and accreditation), fundraising mailing list (Annual Fund), communication mailing list (Alum Newsletters and Report on Giving), invitations and event registrations
- Work with the Coordinator, Advancement to ensure all Silent Auction gift-in-kinds are accompanied by all the paperwork needed in order to issue a tax receipt
- Manage all aspects of any donation (sponsorship, gift-in-kind, gift of shares and exchange of cheques) including gift recording and processing , tax receipts, acknowledgement letters
- Oversee pledge reminders, monthly and annual pledge schedules
- Responsible to connect with donors who have overdue pledge installments and follow-ups
- Review and keep up-to-date policies and procedures for database management
- Prepare departmental financial reports and reconciliation with the Controller including month-end, fiscal-year end reconciliation, and audit-related information
- Assist the Controller with Charity return and annual financial audit
- Review departmental expenditures
- Ensure expenses are correctly coded and work with the Director in building the annual budget (expenses and revenue)
- Review monthly and annual expenses to ensure expenses are kept within budget, in consultation with the Director of Advancement
- Facilitate gifts of securities
- Prepare overdue reports for monthly review
- Attend school initiatives and activities related to the Advancement Department
- General administrative duties as required Coordinate training, update policies and procedures and troubleshoot technical issues
Donor Relations and Foundation
- Implement stewardship best practices and capable to create engaging donor acknowledgements and recognitions
- Responsible to connect with all New Parents (inform them of specific fundraising initiatives, book meetings and follow-up as needed)
- Assist in creating donor profiles as well as managing records and files of Major donors
- Under direction of the Advancement Director, manage, cultivate and steward some Annual Fund donors
- Responsible for supporting the CHS Foundation from an administrative point of view inclusive of taking meeting minutes and distribution of Board packages
- Prepare all correspondence with funders inclusive of yearly reports and updates, thank you letters from award and scholarship recipients and any other inquiries
- Supervising the appropriate filing of all the documents and submitting them to Archives at the end of each school year
About Crofton House School
Crofton House School is a university preparatory day school for girls from junior kindergarten to grade 12. Set on a beautiful ten-acre campus in Vancouver, we offer an inclusive, supportive community of dedicated teachers, involved parents, and enthusiastic students. Collaborative, student-centred, inquiry-based education and world-class facilities create a unique learning environment where each girl can reach her full potential.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience:
- Advanced knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser's Edge
- Strong knowledge of CRA tax receipting guidelines
- Superior attention to detail and excellent planning, project management, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to exercise tact, discretion and good judgement when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and maintain working relationships with a diverse group of employees, parents, alumnae and volunteers
- Excellent problem solving abilities combined with high level of professionalism
- An understanding of the independent school culture an asset
- Personable, relates well to external stakeholders and is a positive, contributing team member
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High degree of diplomacy, confidentiality, discretion, and tact
How To Apply
Position starts as soon as possible.
Please note that applicants must be able to legally work in Canada.
Employees of Crofton House School receive competitive compensation, including participation in Crofton House Pension Plan (RRSP) (depending on FTE), generous vacation package, wellness program and strong support for professional development. Please note that applicants must be able to legally work in Canada.
Apply online at www.croftonhouse.ca/careers. We will review applications as soon as they are received. Posting is ongoing until filled. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We thank all candidates in advance. We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview. No phone calls, please.