Annual Development Manager - Jewish Community Centre of Greater Vancouver
The Jewish Community Centre of Greater Vancouver is seeking a full time fundraising professional who will play a key role in expanding fundraising efforts in a non-profit environment.
Reporting to the Executive Director the right candidate will have three to five years’ experience working in a development team setting and is ready to advance in their career. The successful candidate has demonstrated experience managing annual campaigns and can strategically plan fundraising initiatives related to individual and corporate donations, major gifts, sponsorships, grants and planned giving. The right person possesses strong oral and written communication skills and is at ease building relationships with key stakeholders. Experience using a fundraising database or customer relationship software is also required.
The Annual Development Manager will report to the Executive Director and will collaborate with the Board of Directors, staff and community to develop, oversee and implement fundraising strategies for the organization.
Key Areas of Responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Plan and implement all fundraising activities such as individual and corporate donations, sponsorships, major gifts, planned giving, grants, etc. that will increase revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Identify, cultivate and maintain relationships with existing and potential funding sources.
- Plan and implement ad hoc project fundraising as directed by the Executive Director
- Manage the donor recognition program
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure goals are met.
- Collaborate with various departments to develop specific fundraising strategies, research donors and support grant writing.
- Expand the current donor stewardship program.
- Collaborate with lay leaders to establish a committee chair(s) to lead the campaign.
- Develop concept and creative
- Manage annual campaign donor list for initial contact, acknowledgement and statistical information.
- Produce campaign marketing materials in collaboration with marketing team which includes mail out, email appeals, social media, etc.
- Provide annual campaign updates to chair(s) to present at board meetings
- Manage all lists and oversee board tasks
Donor management software
- Oversee the integration of data from SpectrumNG to eTapestry.
- Once initial transition is complete, use eTapestry to manage donor processes (touches, donor history, relevant information, etc.).
JCC Sports Dinner
- Collaborate with event director and oversee all aspects of fundraising for the event.
- Manage the administrative aspects of the role such as running reports, creating lists, handwriting cards, and sending tax receipts.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a fundraising role with demonstrated experience managing annual campaigns and direct donor relations. Equivalent combination of experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential job duties may be considered.
- Experience in a non-profit environment is preferred.
- Strong communication (verbal and written), facilitation and presentation skills
- Fluency with fundraising software (Raiser’s Edge, eTapestry, etc.)
- Ability to keep confidential information secure.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
How To Apply
If this position interests you and you have the required qualifications please send a resume and cover letter outlining your salary expectations and how your experience fits with the opportunity. Email your documents with a subject line “Annual Development Manager” to Susan Tonn at email@example.com by October 26, 2020. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The successful candidate must clear a vulnerable sector criminal record check. We thank all applicants for their interest however only qualified candidates will be contacted.