Database Coordinator - Eagle Ridge Hospital Foundation
About Eagle Ridge Hospital Foundation (ERHF)
ERHF’s mission is to enhance the delivery of health care services in the Tri-Cities through philanthropy and advocacy. ERHF has been raising funds for Eagle Ridge Hospital (ERH) since 1982 bringing new medical equipment and technology to the hands of our health care team, ensuring the best possible health care is provided in our area. The Foundation is in the final phase of a $5.0M capital campaign to support the expansion of ERH. The Foundation raises funds through annual mail campaigns, legacy programs, individual donations, corporate partnerships, community-minded foundation grants, service organizations and special events.
Under the direction of the Executive Director (ED), the Database Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and leading all gift processing functions for the Foundation with support of the Development Assistant. He/she maintains computerized donor, payroll and financial database systems; develops and prepares a variety of database reports; responds to donor inquiries; provides a variety of administrative and logistical support to the fundraising team; and supports marketing and communications with direct mail production and data maintenance.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and generates a variety of stock and custom data reports.
- Maintains a computerized database (Raiser's Edge); coordinates all data entry; oversees data entry performed by Foundation staff; analyses, exports and manipulates data.
- Prepares tax receipts and donor acknowledgements and accesses data; prepares donor follow-up correspondence for monthly, credit card and on-line giving; follows up on declined credit card transactions and NSF cheques.
- Co-ordinates the flow and accuracy of all financial information to and from the accounting firm (Gregory and Associates) and the bank for the preparation of the monthly financial statements including preparation of daily cash reports and end of period reports.
- Inputs and maintains the ERHF payroll system on a bi-weekly basis.
- Responds to donor inquiries and coordinates responses as required.
- Prepares lists for donor solicitations and mailings as well as ‘kill lists’ in collaboration with the fundraising team including ordering direct mail stationary and other printed materials, co-ordinating list brokers, print shops and mail houses as needed and agreed to by the Major Gifts Officer.
- Provides financial information as required and works with staff and the ED to prepare and manage their annual budgets.
- Provides database support for the donor recognition program including maintaining the donor wall, prepares invitations and registration lists for donor recognition events; participates in all events as needed.
- Supports the Foundation’s two signature special events – Evening of Caring Gala and the Ryan and Lucas Johansen Charity Golf Classic; prepares sponsorship letters; tracks solicitor assignments; enters sponsorship; player and guest participants in database; co-ordinates registration and auction cash out on day of the event and provides post-event support such as cash management, data entry, revenue reports, tax receipts and donor and sponsor acknowledgement letters.
- Provides telephone, reception duties and administrative/development assistance as needed.
Post-secondary education with graduation from a recognized administrative or business program plus five (5) years recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, Raiser’s Edge and other related software and a demonstrated five (5) year track record with Raiser's Edge and MS Office applications. Blackbaud certified Raiser’s Edge Associate is an asset.
- Results Oriented: achieves expected quality and quantity of output.
- Cooperation/Teamwork: willingly accepts assignments and works effectively with teams.
- Initiative: self-starter; performs tasks with minimum level of supervision.
- Organizing & Planning: prioritizes, shifts strategy and obtains aid from others in a timely manner.
- Self-Awareness & Feedback: listens and accepts feedback from others; interest in professional and personal growth.
- Communication: verbal and written communication is clear, concise, accurate and appropriate.
- Interpersonal Skills: interacts productively, courteously with all audiences and able to perform under tight timelines.
- Punctuality & Attendance: arrive to work on time; absences do not interfere with performance of monthly obligations.
How To Apply
To apply for this job please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is Monday, September 14th, 2020 @ 5:00pm.