Executive Director - International China Concern
International China Concern (ICC) is a Christian development organization serving abandoned children with disabilities in China. Our work is supported by a network of offices around the world that raise awareness and funds, provide resources and recruit sponsors and volunteers who have a passion to serve in China. Join us to bring love, hope and opportunity to children with special needs.
ICC is currently looking to fill the position of Executive Director to lead our Canadian national office headquartered in Burnaby, BC with a satellite office located in Toronto, Ontario. The role of the Executive Director is to provide overall leadership to the ICC Canada office and be accountable for the overall performance of the organization. The desirable qualities that we seek in the successful candidate include the following:
- Effective networker and relationship builder – both externally and internally
- An effective communicator in front of large audiences and with individuals
- Experience working with non-profit agencies in expanding and managing donor networks
- A strategic thinker who is also able to operationalize creative solutions
- Command of the Chinese language (Mandarin and/or Cantonese) would be useful but not essential
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Develop a comprehensive organizational strategy for team building, coaching, personal development, and staff care
- Hold the staff team accountable to performance related outcomes in line with the Strategic Plan of the organization, through a process of regular feedback and annual performance evaluations.
- Oversee the recruitment, development, evaluation and discipline of all staff and volunteers.
- Ensure effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting on all organizational initiatives.
- Network with other relevant ICC national and international representatives on like initiatives, development opportunities, and development of the Strategic Plan.
- Ensure the development and implementation of adequate operational systems, procedures and controls for the organization.
- Ensure all legal requirements of ICC Canada as a charitable organization are met.
- Act as the highest official representative of the organization.
- As the Executive Director, commit to working with the team of staff on a consensus model but in the event the team cannot come to an agreement on a significant issue, serve as the final decision maker.
- Strengthen the Canadian donor and volunteer network of individual donors, church partners, major donors and corporate supporters.
- Working with the Chief Development Officer of ICC International, design the overall development strategy for ICC Canada.
- Work with the local development team in developing creative campaigns to engage with the different groups of supporters.
- Engage strategically in activities that expand the financial capacity of the organization, including attending donor meetings and fund-raising events, insight trips, and publicly speaking at engagements.
- Cultivate the ICC Canada Corporate Sponsorship Program.
- Research network opportunities with like-minded agencies/organizations.
Liaising with ICC Canada Board of Directors
- Support the Canadian Board of Directors and Board Chair in the on-going advancement of the ICC Canada Strategic Plan specific to the Canadian locality while ensuring the organization stays true to the mission, vision and goals of ICC International.
- Work with the staff to develop and recommend to ICC Canada Board of Directors the annual action plan and associated operating budget.
- Advise ICC Canada Board of Directors regarding planning, policies, programs, finances, public relations, and other related matters.
- Implement decisions approved by ICC Canada Board of Directors.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting to assist ICC Canada Board of Directors to protect and direct the organization.
- Attend and support all Board meetings as required by the Board and facilitate Board meetings as delegated by the Board Chair.
- Act as a non-voting member of ICC Canada and any committee of ICC Canada as required.
How To Apply
Please send your resume detailing your qualification and experience along with a cover letter to: email@example.com