Fund Development Manager - First United Church Community Ministry Society
A neighborhood where every person’s worth is celebrated and all people thrive.
We seek a just society, nurturing spirits through ministry, housing, advocacy and community services.
Our Core Values
- Acceptance – we practice a presence of acceptance – caring for people no matter who they are, no matter where they are on life’s journey, no matter their race, gender identity/expression, or who they love. We meet people where they are and offer help when asked.
- Discernment – we develop and grow our skill at using critical thinking and judgement in our interactions with the community we serve. We know that behaviour is in itself communication, and sometimes rules cannot be one-size-fits-all. And that the world does need rules. We use the same skills to plan how the organization should respond to the neighbourhood we serve.
- Empathy – we practice empathy – truly seeing and hearing the experience of those around us. Empathy communicates to those we serve: “You are not alone.”
- Accountability – we show up and we go the extra mile. We deal with our own issues and we take ownership and responsibility for our work and its impact.
- Social Justice – we aspire to a sustainable and equitable society.
Each job within the First United Church Community Ministry Society should in some way promote our accomplishment of this vision and mission.
The Fund Development Manager’s main objective is to provide leadership and support in relation to the work of the Annual Fund program. The manager is responsible for a variety of projects related to annual fundraising including individual giving appeals, special events, prospecting, increasing retention and upgrade rates and strategies around the donor cycle. This role will also work closely with marketing and communications to ensure consistency of messaging and integrated timelines for campaigns.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy & Resources:
- Develop the Annual Fund fundraising strategies and campaigns to set priorities, goals, budgets, processes and protocols
- Ensure the marketing and fundraising plans and timelines are strategically aligned
- Conduct research and analyze market demographics to assist in determining targets
- Help build case statements to support different fund development programs including, individual giving: monthly donations and major gifts, planned giving, corporate giving and special events
- Manage the CRM database and determine benchmark analytics to inform financial forecasts and fundraising strategies
Contributed Revenue Generation:
- Key funding sources accountable for include Individual Giving with an emphasis on gifts <$1,000 and monthly donors
- Develop and oversee key solicitation channels for financial results and messaging: direct mail, phone banks, email and social media
- Oversee the planning of the annual fundraising Golf Tournament and other special events including third party events
- Manage the prospect pipeline and provide qualified Planned Giving and Major Donor prospects for the Director of Development to cultivate and solicit
- Assist Director of Development with Major Donors and Corporate Giving where needed
- Coordinate the intake process with Program staff regarding in-kind donations and the fair market value of donated goods
Relationship Building & Management:
- Manage the donor cycle: identify prospects and build and execute donor engagement plans for cultivation and stewardship
- Work with Director of Development and manage performance of all staff and volunteers within allocated area of accountability
- Establish and maintain ongoing relationships with key constituent groups including corporations, foundations, churches, and individuals as assigned
- Accountable for growing email lists, social media reach and ladders of engagement
- Manage volunteer engagement and monitor opportunities to grow volunteer program
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development
Directly supervises the following three positions:
- Engagement Coordinator
- Communications Coordinator
- Development Operations Manager
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 7 years of non-profit fund development experience
- Relevant education in fundraising, marketing, communications, public relations or related program an asset
- Experience managing direct reports
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Donor management software such as Raiser’s Edge an asset.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills are a must in this busy role.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to fund development appeals
- Exercises good judgment and knows how to be discreet and confidential
- Experience with campaign communications, fundraising communications, and/or email campaigns an asset
- Knowledge of and/or experience related to issues of homelessness, social and economic justice, frontline service provision, and/or advocacy an asset
- CFRE designation or equivalent a definite asset.
How To Apply
Please submit a required cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 2020-07-31
Job Types: Full-time (3-year initial contract), exempt
Salary: $70,000 - $75,000 /year