Data & Operations Specialist, Advancement Office - Meadowridge School
Meadowridge is an independent, non-denominational co-educational school offering an IB education for students ages 3 to 17 (JK to 12), in Maple Ridge, B.C. We are accredited by many agencies (provincial, national, and international) and we work rigorously to provide a world class education. More importantly, we seek to help children reach their potential in an environment of care where they are dignified and treated with kindness.
Our mission is to “learning to live well with others and for others in a just community”.
We are currently accepting applications for an innovative, detail-oriented, resourceful person to manage departmental operations related to data management in support of fund development and community relations. Reporting to the Director of Advancement, this individual must be extremely fluent in operating and populating Raiser’s Edge NXT as they are responsible for the day-to-day administration, management, and growth of the database in support of all development activities.
This role is key to developing the success and sustainability of the Raiser’s Edge database while also elevating the work and execution of fund development activities – specifically related to prospect management, predictive modelling, and donor engagement.
- Oversee data management in Raiser’s Edge. This includes gift entry (donations, sponsorships, Gift-In-Kind), general data entry, processing donations and sponsorships in collaboration with the Financial Edge module, tax receipting, acknowledgements, stewardship, proposal set up and tracking moves management, analysis of data, producing prospect research profiles, sorting data, reporting data and generating queries and lists for various purposes (appeals, communications, events, etc.).
- Design data tracking and monitoring tools, including custom reports when necessary (crystal reports). Example: Portfolio Balance Reports to ensure donor pipeline health and sustainability.
- Attend relevant meetings as the Raiser’s Edge expert.
- Take an integrated approach to seeking out relevant information and working with multiple school departments to ensure data is effectively analyzed, synthesized, and distributed to both internal and external stakeholders when appropriate.
- Manage gift batch creation and review batches for accuracy, including accurate coding of campaign, fund, appeal, package, acknowledgement, and tax receipt.
- Set up and manage events in Raiser’s Edge for various School Fundraisers.
- Prepare weekly and monthly donation reports, including reports for Board of Governors.
- Tracking and reporting school volunteers in Raiser’s Edge.
- Complete month end and fiscal year-end reconciliation between Raiser’s Edge NXT module and Financial Edge module, streamline this process during the system transition.
- Assist with the assessment of data against fund development plans and help recommend adjustments to activity and targets as appropriate. An example of this is analyzing the prospect management/clearance system to ensure Development staff are working with a robust gift pipeline.
- Maintain a high level of data integrity, including merging duplicate records and regularly running queries to flag data issues and update accordingly.
- Work closely with Development staff in identifying and researching prospects and donors, including sponsors for events. This includes working with the iWave database.
- Assist the Director of Advancement in maintaining Development processes, policies, and procedures.
- Assist in developing content for briefing notes for prospect/donor meetings, as well as for meetings with senior staff and volunteers.
- Ability to manage Advancement Office Purchase Orders and ensure budget controls are followed.
- Management of Annual Fund Requests - seeking approvals, tracking, and reporting.
- Organize meetings and book facilities, refreshments, prepare handouts or reports, record meeting minutes, from time to time.
Personal Attributes and Core Skills
- Commitment to accuracy of work and specialized knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is critical, with demonstrated judgement and leadership.
- Organized, enthusiastic, innovative, and able to deal with ambiguity and tight deadlines while working collaboratively and effectively as a team or independently.
- Establishes goals and achieves increased organizational effectiveness.
- Solid knowledge of donor’s services practices in a fundraising environment.
- This role has access to highly sensitive information and requires an integrated and confidential approach.
- There is a high volume of work requiring sound judgment, diplomacy, tact, conflict resolution, decision-making and ability to manage fluid expectations, projects, and deadlines.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with colleagues and volunteers.
- Welcomes a dynamic and changing environment.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5-10 years experience with full responsibility for Raiser’s Edge in a not-for-profit organization preferred.
- Experience working as part of a fundraising team.
- A bachelor’s degree and/or a professional qualification in a data management field is desired.
- Understanding of CRA regulations for recording and receipting of charitable donations.
- Strong computer skills including a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
How To Apply
We are actively recruiting for this position and encourage you to apply now if you are keen on this opportunity!
We are an exemplary employer – providing a fun, engaging and supportive place to work! Meadowridge School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit follow this link to apply
A criminal record check for working with vulnerable sectors is required upon hiring.
NOTE: We thank all candidates for their interest however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Please click on this link to apply https://meadowridgeschool.scouterecruit.net/jobs/MRS27-data-operations-specialist