Annual Giving Officer - VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation
Who are we?
VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation is Vancouver Coastal Health's primary philanthropic partner, raising funds for specialized adult health services and research for all British Columbians. We partner with donors to drive innovation and sustainable health care at VGH & UBC Hospital, GF Strong Rehab Centre, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute and Vancouver Community Health Services. Further information about the Foundation is available at www.vghfoundation.ca.
What’s the opportunity?
The Annual Giving team is responsible for direct response fundraising as well as online, monthly, tribute and mid-level giving. The annual giving program is an important source of undesignated income for the Foundation, raising more than $4M last year. By fostering relationships with donors who give up to $25,000 annually, the Annual Giving team also helps develop a pipeline of potential donors for the Foundation’s Major Gifts and Gift & Estate Planning teams.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Annual Giving, the Officer is responsible for the success and growth of the Foundation’s monthly giving and online fundraising programs. The Officer will lead, develop and implement strategies and tactics to successfully grow revenue and donor numbers in these areas. This role provides an important source of predictable and unrestricted revenue for the Foundation, holding responsibility for generating $1.2M annually. This role is customer-focussed, providing a high level of service to both internal and external stakeholders and responding with a high degree of urgency, professionalism and accuracy.
Responsibility Area: Monthly Giving
Leads direct response activities, including vendor relationships, aimed at acquiring, reactivating and upgrading monthly donors
Develops tailored approaches for donor stewardship and manages activities for monthly donor retention, including gift acknowledgement and accountability reporting
Responsibility Area: Online Fundraising
Leads the development of all elements for online fundraising campaigns, including email appeals, online donation forms and website content
What do you bring?
- Proven monthly giving and online fundraising experience; track record of revenue growth
- 5+ years of experience in direct marketing coordination and administration
- In-depth experience with online fundraising platforms; Luminate (Convio) and/or Classy an asset
- Experience with online marketing platforms; Pardot an asset
- In-depth experience with a donor database (Raiser’s Edge and/or Salesforce preferred)
- Advanced skills in Excel and proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Demonstrated data manipulation and analytical skills; strong attention to detail
- Collaborative working style; proven ability to interact tactfully with diverse stakeholders
- Proven ability to meet multiple deadlines with competing time and resource constraints in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Qualification in a relevant discipline or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. CFRE designation is an asset.
How To Apply
If you possess the qualifications and experience indicated, please email your resume and cover letter in a single pdf file, with “[Your Name], Annual Giving Officer” in the file name and email subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9 am on Monday 8 June.