Fundraising and Communications Coordinator - Mulgrave School
Mulgrave is one of Canada’s leading independent co-educational pre-K – 12 day schools, serving the North Shore of Vancouver. We are an established IB Continuum World School with a reputation for excellence and innovation.
The Fundraising and Communications Coordinator is a key position in our school, linking our advancement and communications teams. This person is a story-teller at heart and passionate about sharing key messaging about fundraising and school life in creative and touching ways. Our school community is built on stories, and adding to this collection in an authentic way contributes to our goal to create cohesion, support, and enthusiasm from all members of our unique community.
This position will report to the Deputy Director of Advancement (DDA) and will work closely and collaboratively with the school’s Advancement and Marketing & Communications teams.
Under the guidance of the DDA, the Coordinator will work on the planning and execution of the ‘Momentum’ annual fund, the creation of content that connects fundraising (impact stories, reporting, and stewardship pieces) with daily school life, and will develop and produce other publications and communications pieces (both print and digital) that connect the school with key constituencies including students, parents, faculty, alumni, alumni families, the media, and local community.
The Coordinator also maintains common editorial and brand standards across school publications.
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, as well as opportunities for professional growth. Our benefits include:
- An RRSP-matching program
- Professional and career development/training opportunities
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Personal day
- Employee assistance program
- Plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues during our various social events throughout the year
- Complimentary coffee & tea
- Fitness / weight room & trainer
- Chair massages
Please visit our website at www.mulgrave.com for further information about our School and detailed job description.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related subject
- Experience of fundraising in a not-for-profit environment
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in print and digital fundraising and communications with a track record of increasing responsibility and success
- Excellent writing and editorial skills
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- A team player with an attitude of service beyond duty
- General understanding of independent school education, philanthropy and school communications
- Demonstrated database experience, preferably with Raiser’s Edge
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, Google applications, presentation software and content management systems
- Endorse the school’s mission and vision statement
How To Apply
Resumes should be submitted through https://mulgrave.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/ by May 27, 2020. Given the location of the school, applicants must provide their own transportation.