Senior Recruitment Consultants - KCI
Posted On: 2020-02-12
Closing On: 2020-03-04
Location: Across Canada
Employment Type: Full-Time
KCI is Canada’s leading consultant firm for the non-profit sector, with professionals across the country who focus as specialists in fundraising, strategy, research & analytics, and executive search.
KCI’s Search + Talent Practice works exclusively with Canadian non-profits, charities, associations, and public sector organizations. We help clients build capacity and impact by supporting their efforts to find, retain, and develop their leaders and team members. KCI’s Search + Talent team focuses exclusively on Canadian client organizations, though many of our searches are international in scope. We have a team of 7 search consultants and 3 administrative professionals who are currently based in Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal.
As our Search + Talent Practice continues to grow and thrive, we are adding to our team!
We are looking forward to welcoming two additional Senior Recruitment Consultants who will be responsible for managing a portfolio of Executive Search assignments, helping our clients to identify, attract, hire, and retain professional staff for a variety of positions and a variety of levels.
We are seeking candidates who live in the following regions:
- Calgary, Vancouver, Victoria, or Edmonton – previous business development / sales experience would be a strong asset for these locations
- Greater Toronto Area, Ottawa, or Montreal – the capacity to speak, read, and write French as well as English would be a very strong advantage for these locations
The Recruitment Consultants will be home-office based, with regular travel to KCI or client offices. Schedule flexibility is necessary in this role in order to accommodate travel, meetings, interviews, and communication with clients and candidates.
We are seeking people who are passionate about building organizational capacity by helping to build human capacity. Previous recruitment experience is not required for this position, however candidates must have experience either working in or working with not-for-profit organizations. Specifically:
- Candidates with a recruitment background must have worked with a variety of not-for-profit clients on mid-and senior-level searches, and must have an extremely collaborative work style.
- Candidates who have been employed in not-for-profit organizations may have worked in areas such as Human Resources, Fundraising/Donor Relations, Marketing Communications, Student Recruitment, Government Relations, Research/Education, or Operations. These candidates must have significant experience hiring and managing teams, leading projects, and working collaboratively with others.
MORE ABOUT KCI
KCI’s core purpose is to inspire and enable organizations to raise money, to make the dream of better communities and improved lives a reality. Over the past 36 years, we’ve helped thousands of organizations craft their strategies, build their teams, raise billions of dollars, and to positively impact society and the world we live in.
We serve our clients through a wide variety of services including: Fundraising Counsel + Campaigns; Assessments + Strategy Development; Research + Analytics; Communications + Case Development; and Executive Search + Talent Services.
In doing this work, we firmly place our focus on values and people…both ours, and our clients’.
- Values: We are proudly and resolutely guided by our core values: the highest integrity in all our actions; commitment to excellence and innovation in everything we undertake; openness to new ideas; and collaborative and respectful relationships with our colleagues and our clients. We hire to these values and strive to live them every day.
- People: At KCI, our people are our most valuable resource. We hire the best and brightest, provide them with ongoing training and support, and give them the opportunity to work with a range of clients in different regions and sectors across the country. We strive to foster a collaborative culture of professional and personal growth, and to recognize, value, and develop the individual skills and contributions of each of our team members.
And because we know the future won’t look like the past, we hold capacity building, knowledge sharing and insight creation at our core. We have made it our business to know What’s Next.
SENIOR RECRUITMENT CONSULTANT
In order to deliver exceptional service to our clients and candidates, specific responsibilities for this role for each client assignment include but are not limited to:
- Developing and managing a comprehensive project plan and timeline
- Conducting consultations with client staff members and key stakeholders
- Advising on position titles and compensation
- Writing the Executive Brief, and overseeing design and development
- Developing and leading the sourcing strategy and plan, and advising clients on advertising plan
- Undertaking prospective candidate research and outreach; using and updating a recruitment database to track and manage search projects
- Direct, proactive contact with sources and potential candidates, promoting client employment opportunities directly via telephone, email, Linked In, and face-to-face conversations
- Managing candidate lists and materials, in partnership with administrative staff
- Ongoing contact with clients, identifying and sharing challenges, opportunities, and results
- Conducting candidate assessments, providing competency and behavioural feedback to clients
- Participating in and supporting clients throughout the interview and selection process, and facilitating their decision process
- Leading and brokering employment offer and negotiations with candidates
- Conducting thorough reference discussions, and writing reference summary reports
- Performing follow-up and check-ins following placements
- Acting as an ambassador for KCI, participating in relevant conferences and associations
- Promoting KCI’s Search + Talent practice, and the firm in general
- Participating in proposal development and pitch meetings with prospective clients
- Operating with a focus on delivering outstanding client and candidate service at all times
To be successful in this role, the Senior Recruitment Consultant must demonstrate:
- Experience either working in or with a variety of not-for-profit organizations and associations
- Previous experience managing both staff and volunteers; experience as a member of an organizational leadership team would be advantageous, as would experience working with Boards
- Flexibility in schedule is a necessity for this position
- Our team and clients are national, and meetings, calls, interviews, and travel outside normal business hours are common. As a result, we are happy to be flexible with our employees. Employees are expected to manage their own time and work schedules
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills, and high attention to detail
- The ability to multitask, prioritize, and collaborate in an efficient manner
- An exceptional work ethic coupled with an internal drive to succeed, improve, and contribute
- Strong self-motivation and self-control, given that you’ll be working from a home-based office
- A naturally collaborative mindset and approach, with a strong desire and ability to build relationships and work well with others internally and externally
- Ability to deploy persuasiveness and influence in appropriate ways
- Strong written communication, listening, and verbal communication skills
- Curiosity about people and organizations, and the conditions that lead to their mutual success
- A personal focus on growth, coupled with the desire to help others do the same
- Strategic mindset, and the ability to quickly and effectively synthesize information, draw parallels and conclusions, and suggest potential solutions
- A deep personal satisfaction from providing high-quality service and exceeding expectations
- Tenacity and persistence coupled with investigation and research skills
- Maturity, confidence, and a high degree of emotional and social intelligence
- Openness and flexibility in thinking, attitude, and style; willingness to share ideas, consider other perspectives, and consult with colleagues
- Enthusiasm, positive energy, and a can-do attitude
- Consistency, dependability, honesty, and loyalty
- Impeccable professionalism, integrity, and judgement, including exceptional confidentiality
- A passion for and commitment to the not-for-profit sector and the positive impact that client organizations have on society, as evidenced through volunteer work within the sector or profession
- Proficiency with technology, including Word, Excel, Linked In, Zoom/Skype, and databases
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required, and occasional overnight travel is expected
How To Apply
We believe that people are catalysts and that organizations can only achieve their full potential with the right people on their team. This is true both for our clients and for KCI.
To be considered for this opportunity, candidates should please send their resume and letter of interest to Tara George, Partner / Lead, KCI Search + Talent via email at email@example.com.
Deadline for submission is March 4, 2020.
KCI is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible work environment. KCI will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation, please inform the search consultant listed above.