Communications Manager - The Nature Trust of British Columbia
The Nature Trust of British Columbia is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Communications Manager to support the Marketing and Development team. This position is responsible for establishing and executing strategic communications initiatives and some marketing initiatives to build awareness for The Nature Trust of BC, and to help differentiate our brand.
The Nature Trust of BC is a non-profit land conservation organization dedicated to protecting critical habitat for wildlife, fish and plants in BC. Since 1971, we have secured 175,000 acres of ecologically significant land.
This position will report to the Director of Marketing and Development and supervise the Communications and Events Assistant.
This is a full-time position based in Vancouver.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop an annual communication plan that will build awareness for The Nature Trust of BC and differentiate our brand
- Engage in strategic media relations and build relationships with key outlets and reporters
- Research and write informative and engaging articles and media releases for targeted media
- Ensure branding of The Nature Trust of BC is consistent and prominent in all communication and promotional material
- Write copy and review the design of all communication materials including brochures and reports, annual report, advertisements, electronic and print newsletters, social media, signage, and other materials for events
- Oversee website and ensure content is accurate, informative and well presented
- Develop the social media strategy and oversee ongoing implementation
- Develop relationships with our board, donors, partners, and consultants
- Work in a collaborative manner with staff to keep them informed of all communication activities and to assist with writing and editing documents
- Provide assistance at events such as corporate presentations, club speaking engagements, appreciation dinners, fundraising activities and trade shows to build our community profile and help raise revenue
- Oversee the coordination of silent and live auction items for fundraising events
- Prepare fundraising applications for foundations and corporations to meet revenue goals as well as award applications
- Other duties as required
You have a positive attitude, a constant desire to learn, are energetic and creative, calm under stress, confident and well organized with a focus on quality.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in non-profit communication or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital/social media; experience delivering communications across all communication channels
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and superior project management and time management
- Demonstrated experience in achieving communication plan objectives
- Competency in MS Office Suite including creating PowerPoint presentations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage deadlines while working on several projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively (orally and written) with a wide range of stakeholders including our staff, donors, Board of Directors and suppliers
- Ability to problem-solve and research information
- Must be prepared to travel occasionally and work flexible hours from time to time
- A valid BC driver’s license is necessary
How To Apply
Please forward your résumé and cover letter by February 18 to Deborah Kennedy, Director of Marketing and Development at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your letter, please address how you meet the qualifications identified above and your salary expectations.
Thank you for your interest. Only those short listed for the position will be contacted.