Director of Audience & Revenue Development - Richmond Gateway Theatre Society
Status: Permanent full-time
Hours of Work: Office hours with occasional evenings and weekends
Compensation: $60,000 to $70,000 plus extended benefits including pension plan
The Director of Audience & Revenue Development reports to the Executive Director and leads the activities of the Marketing and Development departments at Gateway Theatre. The goals of the position are to enhance the profile of Gateway, develop relationships with audiences and supporters, and increase revenue. This is a new position, one that will evolve with the incumbent.
Scope of Responsibility
- Planning long term profile and revenue development strategies consistent with Gateway’s strategic and artistic goals
- Overseeing, collaborating on and supporting the activities of the Marketing and Development staff
- Creating and maintaining integrated systems and strategies between the marketing and fundraising activities of the organisation to effectively build relationships and generate revenue
- Taking a leadership role in Gateway’s adaptive planning initiatives and process
- Ensuring consistency of brand, message and quality organisation-wide
- Supporting the development of Marketing staff
- a background of 5+ years in marketing and/or development
- experience developing and implementing marketing/branding strategies
- a proven track record of success in increasing earned and/or contributed revenue
- a passion for the performing arts
- enthusiasm for Gateway’s adaptive planning process
- experience supervising, evaluating and developing staff
- exceptional written and verbal communication skills
How To Apply
Gateway Theatre strives to be an equitable and inclusive workplace. We value an open and diverse community that fosters the inclusion of many different voices. We encourage applications from members of communities that have been marginalized based on sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, or status as an Indigenous person. Please include any required accommodations in cover letters
Although posted as a full-time role, we are open to considering alternative models for filling this position and encourage candidates to pitch any nonstandard visions they might have.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position to Camilla Tibbs firstname.lastname@example.org . We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Deadline 5pm, 16th December 2019.