Development Director - Seva Canada
Seva Canada is an international development organization whose mission is to restore sight and prevent blindness in developing countries. We create sustainable eye care programs that achieve long-term change, are culturally sensitive and reach those most in need – women, children and people living in extreme poverty and isolation. Since 1982, our donors have given the power of sight to more than 5 million people through life-changing surgeries and provided eye care services to millions more.
We are seeking an experienced fundraiser to join our small, dynamic team as the Development Director. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Director is responsible for all fundraising activities and donor relations in support of the organization’s strategic goals.
The successful candidate will be an innovative, self-motivated development professional with a proven track record of fundraising success. Working in close collaboration with the Marketing & Communications Director, the Development Director will lead a fund development plan to meet Seva Canada’s financial goals and grow revenue over time.
- Develops annual fundraising plan and budget; provides hands-on management and implementation of the plan and ensures revenue and expense goals are met.
- Leads, and is accountable for, all fundraising programs including major gifts, annual giving (direct response, online and tele-fundraising), monthly giving, corporate giving, legacy giving and foundations/grants.
- Develops annual targeting, segmentation and contact plan for direct communications with donors.
- Implements a plan for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major and planned gift prospects and donors.
- Identifies prospective major, corporate and foundation donors and develops strategies to build those relationships.
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting to donors, funders and other stakeholders.
- Tracks, monitors and evaluates performance of all fundraising programs and identifies opportunities for revenue growth.
- Oversees the donor database, donation processing and tax receipting; manages procedures for the handling of donor information to ensure data integrity.
- Manages external agency and vendor relationships.
- Ensures adherence to CRA rules in relation to fundraising activities.
- Participates in professional organizations and stays current on trends in fund development.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus additional fundraising-related professional training; CFRE accreditation is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of experience planning and executing revenue-generating fund development programs.
- Experience in all aspects of fundraising including major gifts, annual giving (direct response, online, tele-fundraising), monthly giving, corporate giving, legacy giving, foundations/grants and events.
- Strong strategic, organizational, management and administrative skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal and relationship skills and proven ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy and discretion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team, manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks and work to deadlines.
- Familiarity with the advanced features of Microsoft Office; in-depth knowledge of donor databases (eTapestry is an asset) and email management systems (MailChimp is an asset).
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends on occasion.
- Ability to travel within Canada and internationally.
How To Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Please send your resume and salary expectations to email@example.com by December 13, 2019