Finance Officer - Leaders International Executive Search
The Organization: Community Legal Assistance Society
The Community Legal Assistance Society (“CLAS”) was incorporated as a non-profit legal aid society in 1971, and was the first community law office in British Columbia. CLAS’ structure reflects nearly 50 years of partnership between the private bar and various community groups to provide legal aid to people facing discrimination and marginalization. Since the organization’s inception, CLAS has become a nationally recognized non-profit law firm specializing in housing, income security, workers’ rights, mental health and human rights law.
To learn more, please visit CLAS’ website.
The Opportunity: Finance Officer
The Finance Officer will work closely with the Executive Director as well as the Managing Director (“Senior Management”). The key responsibilities of this position are to assume the primary day-to-day responsibility of the financial-related activities of CLAS; assist Senior Management in the preparation of budgets, budget forecasts and financial reports and funding applications; and assist Senior Management with other administrative tasks required to manage the organization. The Finance Officer provides operational leadership to CLAS’ budget and variance reporting cycles, and creates financial reports and analysis to support decision-makers and external stakeholders. This position is accountable to the CLAS Executive Director.
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: Here
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of three years of proven experience in a financial role, preferably in a non-profit environment;
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Good working knowledge of Simply Accounting or other accounting software;
- Experience working with external auditors, internal controls, and compliance-related issues;
- Accurate attention to detail, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment; and
- Ability to respond and adapt quickly to changing situations, multi-task, and prioritize completing tasks.
How To Apply
Contact: JULIAN MANCHON or DAVE NAMKUNG
Leaders International Executive Search
#880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422