Coordinator, Charitable Partnerships - North Shore Community Resources
Founded in 1976, North Shore Community Resources’ (NSCR) mission is to enhance well-being, social connections, empowerment and community participation by designing and delivering programs and services to create a thriving North Shore. To achieve this mission, we provide community programs and services in four areas: Parent and Child programs, Seniors programs, Community Engagement, and Community Legal Services and Housing Advocacy. To learn more about NSCR, see our Annual Report and visit our website at www.nscr.ca.
The Coordinator, Charitable Partnerships, along with the Executive Director, is the lead staff person responsible for NSCR’s fundraising program including individual, corporate, events, and in-kind donations. This position works with staff and volunteers to integrate a total organization approach to fundraising and funding relationships with the goal of creating an organizational culture of philanthropy. The Coordinator also works with a wide variety of NSCR community partners in the private, government and civil society sectors. This is a part time 3 day/week position.
- Fundraising Planning & Development
- Developing and maintaining a fundraising plan appropriate for the organization consistent with NSCR’s Strategic Plan that promotes the organization to donors and maximizes the public awareness of NSCR’s fundraising opportunities and activities
- Planning, developing, implementing and evaluating strategies and tactics for corporate and institutional donors as well as individual donors
- Given limited resources, evaluating and recommending preferred fundraising activities to be undertaken by the Coordinator as part of the fundraising plan and periodic work plans
- Human resource management of any assigned staff or volunteers to assist with fundraising activities including hiring and supervising
- Financial management by monitoring and implementing fundraising activities consistent with available budget
- Reporting on fundraising activities by providing regular updates and to the NSCR Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Donor Management
- Identifying, cultivating and managing relationships with new and existing donors including developing, implementing and evaluating a case for support for major donors, corporate donors and individual donors
- Developing, implementing and evaluating an appropriate individual donor program including an appropriate charitable receipting process and a process for soliciting legacy donations
- Planning, developing, implementing and evaluating special fundraising events
- Maintaining appropriate donor software and stewardship of donor personal information
- Developing, implementing and evaluating appropriate donor information records and recognition processes
- Developing, implementing and evaluating strategies to enlist the support and assistance of all NSCR staff and volunteers (including the Board of Directors) in fundraising activities to create a culture of philanthropy within NSCR
- Identifying potential grants for NSCR programs and services and assisting NSCR managers and other staff with grant applications as appropriate
- The Coordinator, Charitable Partnerships will work closely with the Executive Director and other staff/volunteers to implement a successful NSCR fundraising program.
Qualifications & Experience
- Demonstrated fundraising skills and experience with diverse donor audiences and methodologies (traditional direct mail campaigns, digital and social media)
- Demonstrated financial management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, etc.), Adobe and other computer software
- Ability to work independently, part of a team and seek and take direction as appropriate
- Excellent administrative, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; enjoys working with people and has the capacity to motivate others
- Capacity to work outside of regular office hours (9 am to 4:30 pm M – F)
- Relevant post-secondary education
- Second language an asset
Suitable Candidates Subject to Criminal Record Check
How To Apply
Please send electronic applications in PDF format including a covering letter + CV + 3 professional writing samples related to fundraising (e.g. fundraising email, direct mail, campaign materials, etc.) to Murray Mollard, Executive Director:firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible; start date as soon as possible
This posting will remain active until a suitable candidate is chosen. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all individuals who have submitted an application for their interest.