Funds and Donor Relations Officer - Capilano University
The Funds and Donor Relations Officer is responsible for the administration and stewardship of the University’s donor-established funds. The Funds and Donor Relations Officer is responsible for creating and managing processes and systems that support the University’s fund program. They work closely with financial services, financial aid & awards and with other University employees to generate, administer and steward donorestablished funds.
The Funds and Donor Relations Officer works in concert with their development and alumni relations (DAR) colleagues to build and strengthen relationships with prospects, donors, key partners and other University employees. The Funds and Donor Relations Officer is privy to confidential information and must exercise appropriate judgment adhering to privacy laws and other governing legislation. The position reports to the director, alumni & development.
- Thorough knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation and Internet browsing applications.
- Strong technical knowledge of fund administration best practices and applicable laws and legislation governing them.
- Familiarity with financial management and client relationship management tools such as Banner and Raisers Edge an asset.
- Ability to read and understand financial information.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement work around fund administration and stewardship to effectively meet deadlines and organizational requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to research, present and write donor-centric communications with internal and external audiences with little to no background in donor-established funds management.
- Considerable proficiency in business English and spelling.
- Working knowledge of fundraising cycle nest practices, policies and regulations.
- Ability to act with independence of judgement with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment.
- Ability to be detail oriented and show attention to accuracy.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and to handle sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with and provide customer service to donors, team members, University employees, volunteers and other external contacts.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, with a specialization in business administration, public relations or communications.
- Three years of experience in fund development and administration including communicating with donors and carrying out stewardship activities including experience in a post-secondary institution.
How To Apply
To Apply online, Visit: