Senior Associate Director, Advancement - SFU's Morris J. Wosk Centre for Dialogue
The Senior Associate Director, Advancement shall serve under the Executive Director of the Morris J. Wosk Centre for Dialogue's supervision and direction and reports jointly to the Executive Director, University Development. The incumbent is responsible for managing relationships with donor prospects determined to have the ability to make special gifts at the $10K to $100K level by developing and implementing strategies for securing financial support from a portfolio of donor prospects including identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding these gifts from alumni, parents, and friends. The incumbent provides support to and works in partnership with the Executive Director of the Morris J. Wosk Centre for Dialogue and the Executive Director, University Development to develop and implement strategies for institutional fundraising which includes government, foundation and corporate grantmaking. The incumbent also works with supervisors to identify, and develop other revenue generation strategies and opportunities to garner maximum support for the Centre and/or University.
SFU is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, although Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
Application deadline: July 19, 2019
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline and five years of related fundraising experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. A strong alignment with the democratic and public engagement values of the Morris J. Wosk Centre for Dialogue.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and relationship management skills.
- Proficient in the use of word, database, spreadsheet, and presentation applications and prospect management systems.
- Excellent research, solicitation, and cultivation skills.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and analytical reasoning skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Good strategic planning skills.
How To Apply
Full job description and application information: https://trr.tbe.taleo.net/trr01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=SIMOFRAS&cws=37&rid=1344