Fundraising Events Manager (Maternity Leave) - Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland
Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland is a non-profit society committed to enhancing the confidence, self-esteem and well-being of girls through mentoring. We are proud to offer our employees a supportive and positive working environment and our commitment to work/life balance. As an organization that is seen as a leader in mentoring, we look for employees who are committed to our mission and passionate about mentoring for at-risk girls.
We are looking for an energetic and experienced Events Manager, who will be responsible for the development, coordination and execution of all agency events (including the Spring Lunch and Big Sisters Luminary Award Soirée) and some of our partnership fundraising events/initiatives (including the GrapeJuice Wine Auction).
Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, the Events Manager is responsible for:
- Responsible for the overall execution of the agency’s events including fundraising, special, and recognition events, through the facilitation of volunteer committees and supervision of contractors
- Develops, plans, and monitors event budgets, work plans, and logistics including coordination of silent and live auctions and raffles
- Develops, plans and maintains detailed records on all event activities including: critical path planning, procedures, contacts, event suppliers, etc.
- Recruits, trains, supervises, supports and recognizes event volunteers in carrying out administrative, revenue generating and logistical duties
- Under the direction of the Director of Philanthropy, acts as the agency contact and support person for third party fundraising events
- Works with the Marketing & Communication Coordinator to market events to the media, business community, Big Sisters’ network, and other relevant parties
- Undertakes all recognition and appreciation correspondence with event partners, donors, guests, suppliers and volunteers including donor stewardship and recognition requirements
- Works with the fundraising team to solicit corporate sponsorships for events and programs
- Assists in research on potential funders / sponsors / donors as required; participates in the development and implementation of strategies to solicit funding from these sources
- Recruiting, training, and supervising event and fundraising volunteers
- Assists in general agency functioning and performs other duties as requested or required
- Three (3) plus years of proven successful event management
- Experience and comfort with public speaking
- Post-Secondary education or training in event coordination or fundraising would be ideal
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Publisher, Excel and PowerPoint would be ideal
- Ability to understand, communicate and support the mission, vision, and values of the agency
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills, including the ability to encourage and motivate donors, committees, volunteers and staff
- Extremely well-organized and detail-orientated with excellent time management skills
- Experience in not-for-profit leadership would be ideal
- Experience and proven success in running fundraising galas and auctions
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered
- You have a valid driver’s license and access to a car for out-of-office meetings and events
- You have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work some evenings
How To Apply
This is maternity leave coverage, part-time position based on a four day (30 hour) work week. Some evening work is required. Anticipated start date is end of August.
Please confirm your interest by submitting your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use email subject line: Events Manager
Applications will be reviewed as they are received so we encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible.
If your background and qualifications match the position requirements, we will contact you.
No phone calls, please.